PDA

View Full Version : stalling in gear at stop sign

TNTupinsmoke
January 21st, 2019, 11:11 AM
I am trying to help a friend with a LS transplant into a 1993 pickup. It has been at 3 different shops with multiple changes and when he got it back it dies at the stop sign. I noticed when I lift off the gas the rpm's drop down and by the time I get to the stop sign the rpm's drop below the set amount sometimes it dies and sometime the rpm's will come back up and keep running. If I put it in neutral it keeps the idle. I dont have or he doesn't have the factory program from the computer. If anyone could take a look and see if anything stands out.

joecar
January 21st, 2019, 06:24 PM
Post some logs.

Sounds like throttle cracker.

TNTupinsmoke
January 22nd, 2019, 09:47 AM
Post some logs.

Sounds like throttle cracker.

thank you but not for sure what they were from factory.

joecar
January 26th, 2019, 12:31 PM
Using EFILive scantool you will neex to log some data so we can see what is going on...

we want to see what IAC and SPARKADV are doing when it stalls.

TNTupinsmoke
January 28th, 2019, 05:12 PM
I found they turned off the throttle cracker. So it works good in forward gear but when I shift it from park to R it drops down to 600 rpm but from nutrual to D it works alot better. He came and got the truck before I could run some data. Thanks for your help and if you have any ideas why Reverse would be different then Drive

Doc
January 29th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Was it electronic TB or cable driven? The VIN / Cal is for a 2003 Truck. Or at least that's what it thinks it is.

TNTupinsmoke
February 4th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Was it electronic TB or cable driven? The VIN / Cal is for a 2003 Truck. Or at least that's what it thinks it is.

It is electronic TB

Doc
February 4th, 2019, 04:39 PM
Base spark IN GEAR sticks out like a sore thumb with ~28 degrees timing where you would "see/datalog," it going from park or neutral to in gear with your foot on the brake. Look at all the other spark tables...sounds like it didn't like that much timing?