PDA

View Full Version : anti-theft alert after programming

bodiesel
January 24th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum. I enjoyed EFI live for a while with my Duramax and now trying on my Cummins. I purchased another 2350B from a 2015 with autotrans and swapped into my truck desiring not to mess with the original ECM. I programmed a 2017 stock tune. The good news is after the reprogram the P R N D lights went away so it appears the ECM thinks it's now in a manual transmission truck. The bad news is that the engine will only run about 3 seconds then die upon starting, the key won't come out, and I pulled the neg. battery connections while I seek wisdom.

GMPX
January 24th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I might be wrong but I think the theft system on Dodges is linked to the VIN, if you can change the VIN in the ECM to match yours then it might go away.
I will stand corrected if someone else says that system was phased out many years ago.

bodiesel
January 24th, 2019, 04:49 PM
I certainly appreciate the advice. Looking up the how to, it would appears you go to V7.5, pcm security, then bcc/vin, however PCM security has a pic list of applicable ecm engines and the cummins is not on that list. Is their a different way? Regardless of radio no Bueno, engine only runs for 3 sec in multiple re-flash attempts with different programs.

GMPX
January 24th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Use the V7 scantool.
Select ECM type as the CME (CM2350) when trying to connect.
The press "Shift+Ctrl+F9" and that should bring up the VIN change option.
You could also try connect as a CMB or CMC if that doesn't work, the VIN change command is the same on all those ECM's from memory.

bodiesel
January 25th, 2019, 08:32 AM
that did it, radio back and engine runs on swapped ECM. Many thanks!!!

bodiesel
January 25th, 2019, 10:46 AM
BTW, in addition to tweaking the pedal and torque curves to modestly increase torque, I raised the hard and soft rev limits. At first the ECM still limited me to 3200 RPM but bounced harder off the limit. Then I stumbled upon another setting. It is a setting that only shows up with V7.5 running, tune selected, and plugged into my truck. It presents at the bottom of the "Internal Flash" list and is titled " Operation Monitor ". it's parameter ID is F8812 or {F8812} . I had to set it to disabled , save the tune, then reload with V8 to allow revs over 3200. It is now a dream to drive shifting gears at 3500 RPM and not yet on the limiter.

bodiesel
January 25th, 2019, 06:14 PM
BTW, in addition to tweaking the pedal and torque curves to modestly increase torque, I raised the hard and soft rev limits. At first the ECM still limited me to 3200 RPM but bounced harder off the limit. Then I stumbled upon another setting. It is a setting that only shows up with V7.5 running, tune selected, and plugged into my truck. It presents at the bottom of the "Internal Flash" list and is titled " Operation Monitor ". it's parameter ID is F8812 or {F8812} . I had to set it to disabled , save the tune, then reload with V8 to allow revs over 3200. It is now a dream to drive shifting gears at 3500 RPM and not yet on the limiter.

check out my other thread : anti-theft alert after programming , but from a auto tranny 2015 CME