PDA

View Full Version : Just passin' thru...

emarkay
June 29th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Remember that wreck I had in my Camaro, and the hassle I had in getting it fixed, and how they insisted I use a "used" rear, and how it was "low miles and inspected"....

Well about 10,000 miles later, (a few weeks ago) the pinion bearing disintegrated. And so far it's been more than a week of phone tag with the insurance company - oh, the quote is $887 for a rebuild, but I really don't think I should have to pay all of that...

Other than that, things are fine.

Looking around here, I am sort of suprised there's not the apparent enthusiasm 'round these parts there once was. Is it all the noobs and oil burners taking over or what? :)

What's the status of the V2 units, folks? Seems like (IMHO) EFILive should not announce products to the public until they are Beta tested, and at least functional.

Also IMHO, while the gas burner market is becomming fodder for 18yo kids with unknown condition (PCM And engine) GM F bodies, and a few 'Vette heads thrown in, along with the hardcore racing set, it's the pick-up trucks and the Bling Blingers with SUV's that seem to be carrying the torch. Additrionally, GM is not helping matters much on their end, with their current crop of uninteresting products. Where does that leave EFILive?

The competition seems to be selling dog poop in bags as fast as they can package it, and also seem to be catching up to the level of competence of EFILive.

I don't know, am I missing something, sitting way off in the sidelines?

Well regardless, I do hope you all have great summer (winder, down under) and I do hope and wish for success, happiness and good health to all. (...and world peace would be nice, too...) :)

MRK

joecar
June 30th, 2006, 05:42 AM
MRK,

I didn't hear about your wreck (...you do have to excuse me, I live in my own little box... :D, and when I try to leave my box things get weird so I go back...)... You're okay...? What happened...? :bawl:

Dealing with the insurance co. is like dealing with the Devil himself...:mad:

I think eveyone around here has been upto their ears/eyes in work and car stuff (I know I have)... and the EFILive people have been busier than anyone I know.

Yep, GM has lost its direction and is rather disappointing... Hate to say it, but Ford has some interesting products right now, although I don't like the plasticy look.

I'm in the No. Hemisphere, so it's summer for me... :notacrook:

You have a great summer and everything else (I am not optimistic about world peace, sadly it's become an oxymoron...).

Joe

TAQuickness
June 30th, 2006, 06:38 PM
imagine whirled peas