PDA

View Full Version : E38 or E67 for mixed bag?

BustedTruck
February 24th, 2019, 02:04 PM
So I've built a L92 out of a yukon denali. It came to me as a core, so I have no harness or ECM yet. Its going in to a 71 C10. The only mods to the engine is the ASA camshaft & remove VVT. The trans is T56 magnum. So is the E38 the ECM I should shoot for? or should I get the E67? Is there an option to run the manual transmission with the E67? Is one going to be easier to tune than the other?

ScarabEpic22
February 24th, 2019, 04:46 PM
CTS-V uses LSA+T6060 combo so there are manual OS' available. E38 you could use a Camaro OS or Corvette OS, both available with manual trans. Both are going to be tuned the exact same way, biggest difference will be lack of Class II comms on the E38 but not important as this is a swap application. Figure out what pedal assembly you want to use and match the ECM+ECM OS to that.

BustedTruck
February 26th, 2019, 11:35 PM
So basically find the pedal i want to run? I've read that the e67 is easier for cruise to be added?

ScarabEpic22
February 27th, 2019, 08:10 PM
So basically find the pedal i want to run? I've read that the e67 is easier for cruise to be added?

If you want to run cruise, then look into how/what BCM integration is needed. I know the E67 can be done without a BCM, believe it's a TrailBlazer or Colorado OS. No clue about the E38 unfortunately, I mostly deal with factory applications.

400ss
March 13th, 2019, 05:24 AM
Yes, Trailblazer CAl doesnt need BCM for cruice control, have used both, only complain about E67, in a couple of builds, had and issue, where going WOT, it would not open Throttle right away, tried everything on the tune, etc, couldnt fix it, other than that, all ok.