PDA

View Full Version : problems with CALC.VET

Tinbender59
March 28th, 2019, 08:33 AM
I am curently trying to get my truck tuned, but. the "data" for calculated VE, not corrected, - Calc.ven is reading "0" what am I doing wrong,
here are the pids that I am using, should be everything that the tutorial said to use??? 22729

Tinbender59
March 28th, 2019, 10:38 AM
However, LTFT's are running -1.8 to -4.3 TP and Load are running 26% to 45% pretty much neck and neck. Timing was 26 degrees on up hill to 36 degrees on the flat. Around 70 mph @ 2100 rpm the faster the better.

aaronc7
March 28th, 2019, 12:37 PM
is calc.DAT putting out data? Some OSs don't support that PID and you have to create a CALC.B4901 too for CALC.DAT to give valid data....which in turn is required for CALC.VEN.

post the datalog and calc_pids.txt

Tinbender59
March 28th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Ok will do

Tinbender59
March 29th, 2019, 08:27 AM
here is my current tune and a 30-ish mile scan. On the previous iteration, I did open up the timing, Was limited to 16 degrees, and added 5% to VE across the board. this round, opened VE another 3%. However it does look like O2 2-1 is laying down on me, I have one ordered it will be here Monday. I also have the trans shifting way early, for MPG assistance, she has the torque to handle it. when I go into "tow haul" everything is as stock tow haul for pulling.

she does run real "clean" smooth and strong, I'd just like to get it correct.

Edit: I just looked at my pids, they were all Imperial, switched them to metric??? maybe the problem??

aaronc7
March 29th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Can you post your calc_pids.txt ?

Located at C:\Users\YourUser\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

Tinbender59
March 29th, 2019, 01:33 PM
yes sir, here you are. thank you

it should be the one from the calc thread

aaronc7
March 29th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Looks like it's working fine for me, so long as you choose VEN in g*K/kPa units (NOT percentage). As the guide talks about, using the default units is preferred and makes it a lot less likely to screw something up as well. Just change the tune software to display default units in the settings.

See screenshot below, you can see it's working using default units, but showing zero for percentage units. I think you need to set your engine displacement in the Scan software if you want to use percentage units.. never done it myself personally.

Tinbender59
March 29th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Cool, i say that everything was in imperial and wondered about it. Thank you again

aaronc7
March 29th, 2019, 01:49 PM
Units wont matter-- the program can convert easily between all of them and will use whatever units are defined in calc_pids.txt. Glad it was easy fix

joecar
April 6th, 2019, 10:31 AM
In the log file in post #5 the pid CALC.TRIMMING was not selected.

Otherwise looks to be working good.

joecar
April 6th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Log shows knock, find out what is causing it.

joecar
April 6th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I use kPa for MAP, g/s for MAF, g for cylair, g*K/kPa for VE, EQR for fueling, and everything else is Imperial.

Tinbender59
April 11th, 2019, 05:29 AM
In the log file in post #5 the pid CALC.TRIMMING was not selected.

Otherwise looks to be working good.

Well I cant find this??

aaronc7
April 12th, 2019, 10:46 AM
I'm assuming he means calc.trimming = calc.cl

joecar
April 14th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I'm assuming he means calc.trimming = calc.clYes correct, I stand corrected

( CALC.TRIMMING is in a newer calc_pids.txt that I'm working on )

Tinbender59
April 16th, 2019, 03:48 AM
Thank you

Tinbender59
May 21st, 2019, 06:02 AM
ok I just checked my PID's and its there "calc.cl"

Joecar have you gotten your new calc_pids figured out, I would like to give them a try on this stubborn beach!!

Tinbender59
May 21st, 2019, 07:34 AM
ok I think that I am narrowing in on this issue. there are two different tables (or threads on Calc.vet)

first is here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16413-Calc-MAFT-correcting-VE-and-calculating-MAF-(in-single-log)-gt-reverse-of-Calc-VET

second one is here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15236-A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.

understand that I have troubles dealing with something that I do not completely understand (at least understand the basic mechanisms of the issue) so as such, I searched out everything to do with calc.vet and built a hard file (printed everything out, and put in a binder) then I study and incorporate it all into a cohesive document, and start from there. could someone explain the differences in these two threads? please? I have! figured out that I should have used one or the other, but I do not understand which one to use.

P.S. I wish That I understood "basic" language programming!

joecar
May 22nd, 2019, 10:44 PM
Post #1 in the Calc.VET thread contains almost everything you need (follow the links you see in that post).

Doing Calc.VET is easier than doing Calc.MAFT... Calc.VET is very much like doing AutoMAF (except it addtionally calculates a VE table) (and using EQR and Lambda instead of AFR).

joecar
May 22nd, 2019, 10:45 PM

P.S. I wish That I understood "basic" language programming!
This is a whole new can of wax that you may regret... :)

Tinbender59
May 23rd, 2019, 06:34 AM
Post #1 in the Calc.VET thread contains almost everything you need (follow the links you see in that post).

Doing Calc.VET is easier than doing Calc.MAFT... Calc.VET is very much like doing AutoMAF (except it addtionally calculates a VE table) (and using EQR and Lambda instead of AFR).

Cool thank you, noisy lifters are back, SMH

Tinbender59
May 23rd, 2019, 09:49 AM

Will do thanks