PDA

View Full Version : No ECM Communication

jppms1@hotmail.com
April 26th, 2019, 06:26 AM
'16 Ram 3500 6.7L using EFI LIve AutoCal
Truck towed in, scanner picked up no communication from ECM. Trans code P0607- ECU Internal Performance.
9 quarts low on oil and 1.5 Gal low on coolant. Topped off all levels and no change.
AutoCal scanner showed error's on different screens $0280, $0502, $0549.

I don't know anything about these aftermarket programmers, or forums for that matter!!

Any ideas on where to start?

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2019, 07:14 AM
Since you cant communicate with the ECM via other scan tools or the AutoCal, have to solve that problem first. Wiring, fuses, etc. If that doesnt work, may need a new ECM (unlikely, but it happens occasionally).

For the AutoCal, EFILive provides the hardware only to tuning shops, they do not create nor sell tunes. I'd suggest contacting the tuner if you have issues after the ECM communication issues are resolved.

Here are what the error codes mean, they're not DTCs, they are AutoCal codes as the AutoCal cannot connect to the vehicle:
0280- No Vehicle detected (i.e. cannot connect to ECM)
0549- Ignition switched off (i.e. cannot connect to ECM)
0502- Script file not found (i.e. cannot connect to ECM to determine if the AutoCal is properly configured for this vehicle)

jppms1@hotmail.com
April 26th, 2019, 08:11 AM
Since you cant communicate with the ECM via other scan tools or the AutoCal, have to solve that problem first. Wiring, fuses, etc. If that doesnt work, may need a new ECM (unlikely, but it happens occasionally).

For the AutoCal, EFILive provides the hardware only to tuning shops, they do not create nor sell tunes. I'd suggest contacting the tuner if you have issues after the ECM communication issues are resolved.

Here are what the error codes mean, they're not DTCs, they are AutoCal codes as the AutoCal cannot connect to the vehicle:
0280- No Vehicle detected (i.e. cannot connect to ECM)
0549- Ignition switched off (i.e. cannot connect to ECM)
0502- Script file not found (i.e. cannot connect to ECM to determine if the AutoCal is properly configured for this vehicle)

Thanks for the reply. My tuner finally got back with me and said the same thing. I thought it was possibly a tune issue causing communication error. Getting ready to check connections.

ScarabEpic22
April 26th, 2019, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the reply. My tuner finally got back with me and said the same thing. I thought it was possibly a tune issue causing communication error. Getting ready to check connections.

Cool and good luck, hope it's something quick to sort out!