PDA

View Full Version : Converting 02 Z06 to automatic, questions...

TFZ_Z06
May 14th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I am putting in a 4L65E and will be controlling it via a Compushift Sport (https://www.hgmelectronics.com/compushift-sport-and-pro/), but am trying to figure out which params I need to flash in the pcm to make it compatible w/the auto.

This is what I was given by RPM:

2 Blue wires will wire into the reverse light switch wiring at the transmission
2 Purple wires will wire to the lower clutch pedal switch so that the car will only start in park or neutral
For the upper clutch pedal switch the pink wires you will tie together so that your cruse will still work
You will need to turn off the codes for the reverse lock out and skip shift solenoids

Looking for thoughts as I complete this swap...

joecar
May 21st, 2019, 01:35 AM
Let me see if I can obtain the PCM wiring schematics for the 2002 Z06.

ScarabEpic22
May 21st, 2019, 05:16 AM
If the PCM wont be controlling the trans, I'd put a a manual calibration in it. I looked and seems the Compushift has some cool features, not sure what it offers over the factory control though?

TFZ_Z06
May 21st, 2019, 02:29 PM
Let me see if I can obtain the PCM wiring schematics for the 2002 Z06.

awesome, I can't seem to find it.

If the PCM wont be controlling the trans, I'd put a a manual calibration in it. I looked and seems the Compushift has some cool features, not sure what it offers over the factory control though?

The main advantage is I don't have to change PCMs or add wiring to the harness. I also like the ease of changing params on the CompuShift, done by IPhone. As usual, new product, I'll have to test it to find out what its about.

joecar
May 22nd, 2019, 10:54 PM
Hmmm, all I can find is schematics for 2002 Y-car with AT... let me see if I can at least find the MT schematics.