PDA

View Full Version : Reccomended wideband

THEFERMANATOR
May 22nd, 2019, 06:52 PM
What is a good wideband setup to use for an 02 with an 0411? I've looked through countless threads and haven't seen many recent post's. I've decided to add gas tuning to my resume(some may recognize from diesel/allison tuning). I don't know much, but I do know I need a wideband. I still have my serial cable and external input plugs for my V2. I would also like one with a narrowband output so I can use an existing O2 bung. Any help is greatly appreciated.

nonnieselman
May 22nd, 2019, 10:24 PM
I've used several LC2 for a little while with no issues.
Years past I used LC1 but they very rarely lasted longer than 12 months.

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

turbo_bu
May 23rd, 2019, 04:11 AM
I can recommend the NGK wide-band. It does not support serial connection to the V2, but otherwise works very nicely. (and yes I recognize you from over on duramaxdiesels. Welcome to even more fun with the gassers!).

ScarabEpic22
May 23rd, 2019, 05:27 AM
Ive become a fan of AEM's X-Series after my LC1 crapped out far too quickly. Both my personal vehicles are CAN, so it's stupid simple to setup BUT the LS1B PCM isnt CAN, so analog is the only option.

THEFERMANATOR
May 23rd, 2019, 06:28 AM
I know gasser efi tuning is going to be a bit of a learning curve from my days of carb/distributor tuning, but you gotta change with the times. The 2 widebands I've been looking at are the AEM X-series and the PLX dm-6. I was leaning towards the PLX because I've seen it reccomended here and haven't found much if any bad feedback on it, but it looks like it doesn't have serial output. The AEM seems to have some negative feedback, but when you sell so many, you're bound to get some negative reviews.

I shouldn't need to do much tuning at 1st as all I'm doing right now is a marine intake swap on my 99 L31, but others that have done it have said the marine intake flows enough more air that there adaptives have gotten up into the -13 range, and required some VE tuning due to the marine intake flowing so much better without the spider injection in the way. Not looking to spend a fortune, but I don't want one that is going to quit on me after a few uses. I've had ALOT of request's to do gasser tuning from people who liked my diesel tuning, so I may get my feet wet doing some gassers once I get setup.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0184TSI84/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00U1J1MCK/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

THEFERMANATOR
May 24th, 2019, 01:04 AM
I also seen this one. It looks like it does rs232 output for easy V2 connection, and 2 different programmable outputs.

https://www.amazon.com/Innovate-Motorsports-3795-Wideband-Gauge/dp/B001QFH2RW/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?keywords=innovate+wideband&qid=1558702668&s=gateway&sprefix=innovate&sr=8-8

ScarabEpic22
May 24th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Look at what sensor is used, the Bosch 4.2 is ok but it's dated at this point. Most of the newer units are using the Bosch 4.9 sensor.

Not to be a broken record on the AEM X series, it will do both analog and serial (not sure if anyone's done serial to EFILive). I threw my Innovate in the trash and never looked back, I fought it for years and was too cheap to buy another one for my personal vehicle. Finally stuck the AEM X series in and it's been flawless for 2+ years now. Just make sure the one you get uses the 4.9 sensor, has analog output (all do), serial is a nice-to-have. The OBDII version is even better, but won't work with non-CAN vehicles. I don't have any experience with the PLX but I've seen them thrown around on here over the years.

THEFERMANATOR
May 24th, 2019, 09:05 AM
All of them I'm looking at are bosch 4.9 sensors. I had read serial was better than analog for datalogging, so that's why I was wanting to get one that had a serial port. It's new to me to need something to limit fueling, my eyeballs have done that for me up to now doing diesels.

joecar
May 26th, 2019, 02:44 PM
Most of the AEM's have serial output unless they specifically have CAN output (i.e. the 30-0333/334).

If you're going to use the wb on a CAN-bused vehicle, the AEM 30-0333 might be good (EFILive logging CAN bus is fairly fast, about 40 frames/second).

TFZ_Z06
May 26th, 2019, 04:07 PM
I've got a pair of LC2s that have been working well. They are WAY better than the LC1s. Easy to daisy chain in to EFI also.

pavetim
January 14th, 2021, 06:48 AM
I have PLX SM-AFR with the bosch 4.9. For the life of me i cant get it to show in my V2 but my old LC1 shows up just fine. Any tips

joecar
January 17th, 2021, 09:04 PM
Post the PLX user manual pdf here so I can take a look at it.

pavetim
January 19th, 2021, 06:42 AM
Will not l23642et me save pdf but here is screenshot