PDA

View Full Version : Seed key/unlocking

THEFERMANATOR
May 27th, 2019, 04:23 AM
Does the seed key get altered/changed even if locking isn't selected? I'm trying to get the .bin file out of my 0411 PCM to make some changes and I'm getting a locked message.

GMPX
May 27th, 2019, 10:23 AM
No it doesn't get changed unless locking is specifically selected......then again on the LB7's they just liked to lock themselves on occasion :laugh:
I assume the behaviour is the same for both V7 and V8 when trying read it?

THEFERMANATOR
May 28th, 2019, 11:50 AM
I can read it fine with efilive. I'm trying to read it out with another program and cable so I can get my tune file in a .bin format, and make some changes using tunerpro with some tables somebody mapped out that are not in efilive. I verified my other cable is good with a different 0411 ls1b pcm, but my pcm gives a locked error when I try to read it.

GMPX
May 28th, 2019, 12:27 PM
You could always just ask us to convert your .ctz to .bin for you instead :sly:

arinkuddy
May 28th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Literally just did this same thing. Although I had to sniff the bus while uploading because I couldn't read it out. It worked though.

turbo_bu
May 29th, 2019, 04:02 AM
Other option is that if you have the Tunerpro XDF file, you have enough information to make a CAX file to use in EFILive. Then you could make these changes inside EFILive.

THEFERMANATOR
May 29th, 2019, 02:19 PM
One thing I did notice is when efilive reads the PCM, the displayed seed is $FFFF whereas my spare PCM I bought shows up as $2B76. This PCM has only been flashed a handful of times as far as I know from an 01 S10 to a 02 express, and a few cal changes I've made to it.

roughneck427
May 30th, 2019, 09:42 AM
Ive had this happen before.Try locking it with EFI live with a key that you generate yourself. Then unlock it to reassign it a new OEM seed key combo