PDA

View Full Version : Testing a V2 without a vehicle?

PLohr
May 29th, 2019, 11:27 PM
Hello,
I found a used V2 for sale that I am interested in purchasing. The GM vehicle which it will be used on is all apart so I can't very well test it using that vehicle. Is there a way to test the V2 by plugging it into a computer that has the EFI Live software on it?

Thank you for any help.

ScarabEpic22
May 31st, 2019, 03:33 AM
You can test the USB portion and that the FS V2 powers on, plus licensing, etc. I dont know if there's a way to test the vehicle comm protocols without connecting to an actual vehicle though.

joecar
June 2nd, 2019, 05:28 AM
Do you have access to any GM vehicle...?

What year/model/vehicle is yiur car (the one that is apart)...?

PLohr
June 2nd, 2019, 08:42 PM
Erik, thank you for your help.

Joe, I don't have access to any GM vehicle. The one that is apart is a 2008 GMC Yukon XL.

1FastBrick
June 4th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Where are you located? Is the V2 near you or in another state?

As mentioned, You can plug into a computer with EFI live software installed to see the license details and make sure the unit works.

As far as the actual flashing portion, You would need a bench harness and an ECU to test. If it reads an ECU it will likely Flash an ECU. Other wise it would have to be plugged into a GM vehicle to see if it reads.

PLohr
June 4th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Where are you located? Is the V2 near you or in another state?

As mentioned, You can plug into a computer with EFI live software installed to see the license details and make sure the unit works.

As far as the actual flashing portion, You would need a bench harness and an ECU to test. If it reads an ECU it will likely Flash an ECU. Other wise it would have to be plugged into a GM vehicle to see if it reads.

Thank you for your help.

I am in Knoxville, TN.

There have been a few used FlashScan V2s that have come and gone. They have been distant from where I live.