PDA

View Full Version : Current Public Release (Updated: June 12, 2019)

Blacky
June 6th, 2019, 07:06 PM
IMPORTANT
This release saves *.ctz and *.coz tune files using an updated format. All new *.ctz and *.coz tune files that are saved using V7.5.28, V8.2.24, and V2.07.140 (or later versions) will no longer be compatible with older software or firmware versions. Attempts to open a new file using old software will result in error $0525 "Tune file is not compatible with firmware" or "Tune file is not compatible with current software version". Any customer that needs to open *.ctz or *.coz files that have been created or saved using this or a later version of the EFILive software, must also use this or a later version.

Tuners who support remote customers MUST ensure their customers also update to maintain compatibility.

Note: Existing *.ctz and *.coz files saved using previous versions of the EFILive software can still be opened by this and later versions of the EFILive software.

Release Notes:

Whats New (http://download.efilive.com/Software/whatsnew_8_2_24.htm)

Version Numbers:
After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

[*=1]EFILive V7 software: V7.5.28 (Updated June 12, 2019) To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
[*=1]EFILive V8 software: V8.2.24 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
[*=1]Boot Block: V2.07.008 (Jul 4, 2018) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
[*=1] Firmware: V2.07.140 (May 26, 2019) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Download here:

Download EFILive V7.5 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.28_Update01_Setup.exe) (Updated June 12: 2019 to fix issue #3)
Download EFILive V8 (http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.24_Setup.exe)

Known Issues:

Issue #1:

If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.

Workaround:

None.
It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:

When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.

Workaround:

EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:

When opening *.tun files (or reading controllers) using the V7.5 software an "Access Violation" occurs.

Workaround:

Re-download and install the V7.5 software from the updated link above.
If you have already installed the V7.5.28 software prior to the update on June 12, then the "Check for Updates" will not detect this update - you must download the V7.5 software and re-install.
Note: your old *.tun files can be updated/converted in bulk to *.ctz files using the EFILive V8 software's Bulk Update option. [F8:Tools]->[F6: Bulk Files]->[Update Files].

Millsy
June 6th, 2019, 07:48 PM
What is the work around for .tun files? I have some archived files i need access to from time to time and now am unable to open them.

Thanks

Blacky
June 6th, 2019, 07:56 PM
What is the work around for .tun files? I have some archived files i need access to from time to time and now am unable to open them.

Thanks

*.tun files should still be able to be opened using the latest software. If you have a *.tun file that will not open with the latest software please log a support ticket and provide an example *.tun file so we can try to figure out why it won't open.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 6th, 2019, 08:20 PM

Thanks

I just did some testing with some really old *.tun files, (10 years old) and some of them will not load correctly in V7.5 - they cause "Access Violation" errors.
For any such tune file, you should still be able to open them in V8. Then re-save them as *.ctz files from V8. Then you can open the newly saved *.ctz file using V7.5.
Meanwhile I will investigate to see if it is possible to directly support *.tun files that are that old in the V7.5 software.

Regards
Paul

Millsy
June 6th, 2019, 08:21 PM
Oh wow, ok will do. See below if it helps (any .tun file)

Blacky
June 7th, 2019, 06:09 AM
Oh wow, ok will do. See below if it helps (any .tun file)

As you noted, the problem occurs with all *.tun files in V7. Also as has been pointed out by other users, it also fails when reading any controller.
A fix will be posted asap. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards
Paul

Millsy
June 7th, 2019, 08:03 PM
Thanks Paul,

Much appreciated

Regards,

Millsy

wesam
June 9th, 2019, 09:53 AM
yesterday I updated to this version via auto update
today I had a problem the the 7.5 scan tool will not connect to the cars it will show Error code: ERR_NOCABLE/31
No interface cable found
tried to restart and tried my other FS2 without luck tried to remove FS2 driver then install it back without luck
then finally downloaded the full 7.5 and 8 files and install them and now every thing working fine
I hope this could help if some body have the same problem

wesam
June 10th, 2019, 06:00 AM
I don't know if this related to this update
but when I try to read LS1B using V7.5 an access violation error is occurred

Blacky
June 10th, 2019, 07:34 AM
I don't know if this related to this update
but when I try to read LS1B using V7.5 an access violation error is occurred

Yes, it's a known issue, see #3 in first post.
It is being fixed and an update will be available in the next day or two.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 11th, 2019, 12:23 PM
An update has been posted in the first thread to fix the *.tun file load error.
Regards
Paul

In-Tech
June 12th, 2019, 07:52 PM
Hello, I updated one laptop v7 and v8 and updated the flashscan firmware and all went well. Updated the backup laptop, v7 went fine. When I went to update v8 it wouldn't see the flashscan and would abort. I assume due to the new firmware update and old v8 wouldn't talk to it. I manually updated the v8 software without the flashscan hooked up and all is well again. Not complaining at all, just mentioning it for others.
-Carl

gixxer92
June 16th, 2019, 01:47 PM
I'm having an issue with the VVE tables and copying a table into it and not saving with the programmer plugged in. It won't save the values I'm pasting. Notice the VVE table is captioned in blue and the coefficients table isn't although the screenshot shows values are changed.
The values will revert back when I hit Ctrl-S or save through the menu option.

Blacky
June 16th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I'm having an issue with the VVE tables and copying a table into it and not saving with the programmer plugged in. It won't save the values I'm pasting. Notice the VVE table is captioned in blue and the coefficients table isn't although the screenshot shows values are changed.
The values will revert back when I hit Ctrl-S or save through the menu option.

That should not be possible. A table that has modified values indicated by one or more cells with blue corner flashes should always cause its associated tree-view icon to also have the blue corner flashes.
Obviously it has happened as shown in your screen shot - we just need to figure out how it happened.
Can you please list the step by step actions that you performed to end up with the V7 software in the state shown in your screen shot? Hopefully I will be able to reproduce the problem and then get it fixed.

One thing to check: is the *.ctz file that you opened, tagged as read-only? Right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select "Properties" then on the [General] tab page make sure the "Read-only" check box is not checked.
And along those same lines, when you press Ctrl+S to save the file, if the file does not save for any reason, then the blue corner flashes will disappear from the tree-view icons but not from the actual data cells in the calibration tables.

Regards
Paul

gixxer92
June 16th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Hello Paul,

The screenshots are what is happening and what changes on a save, by number order. the "03" named file also goes into conjunction with the first screenshot I sent and what is happening on the Coefficients page.
The files are stock reads of GM ECU's.
The 2011 Corvette manual tune was pulled off a car on a dealership lot a few weeks back. There was no indication of it being locked. I'll attach. This is the file I'm taking the GMPP 525hp file (I bought this ECU from the dealership).

The V2 is plugged in and the ECU that I'm shooting this into is turned on. The OS has been changed and the Corvette file was flashed into it as well just to make sure there was a complete circular path made. I know this wasn't a part of the requirement but I've been trying all weekend to get this to work.

Blacky
June 17th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I'm still not sure what exact steps you have performed to make that problem show up. Could you please list them step-by-step, something like this:

1. Open file "A"
2. select entire VE table
3. Right click, select Copy
4. Open file "B"
5. Right click and select Paste
6. Select File->Save
7. Reopen File "B"
etc...

Something that I can follow to try and reproduce the same results that you are seeing.

Regards
Paul

gixxer92
June 17th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Open GMPP 525hp file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-C
Open 2011 Corvette LS3 Manual file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-V
CTRL-S and it updates the upper LH corner cell to 600+ like in picture 4.
It will not save the pasted value of "534" from the GMPP Tune or any of the the other values that I pasted in.
The 2011 Corvette (E38) upper LH cell value (along with the rest of the cells and the independent value of each cell) is overwritten. It was 325 and I CTRL-Shift-V the entire table to the GMPP parts values. when I save it changes all cells to what picture 04 shows.

I was able to successfully do this before the update with a 2014 Camaro SS (E38) tune which works but not so well with the vette pedal, hence the need to update my tune to the 2011 Vette tune from the original GMPP 525hp (E67) file.

Blacky
June 17th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Open GMPP 525hp file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-C
Open 2011 Corvette LS3 Manual file - Airflow - VE IMTV Open - Virtual VE Table, Naturally Aspirated - Click upper LH corner - CTRL-Shift-V
CTRL-S and it updates the upper LH corner cell to 600+ like in picture 4.
It will not save the pasted value of "534" from the GMPP Tune or any of the the other values that I pasted in.
The 2011 Corvette (E38) upper LH cell value (along with the rest of the cells and the independent value of each cell) is overwritten. It was 325 and I CTRL-Shift-V the entire table to the GMPP parts values. when I save it changes all cells to what picture 04 shows.

I was able to successfully do this before the update with a 2014 Camaro SS (E38) tune which works but not so well with the vette pedal, hence the need to update my tune to the 2011 Vette tune from the original GMPP 525hp (E67) file.

Maybe I misunderstood your first post. Are you saying it is saving the values but just not saving the values that you pasted in when you save the file?
If that is the case, then maybe the zone boundaries are different between the two files. You may need to copy the zone data first.
Make sure these zone boundary tables are also the same between the two files, then copy the coefficients table and regenerate the VVE table from the updated coefficients.

Also, if you want to copy the VVE table from one file to another, you should really just copy the coefficients table - don't copy the VVE data as that can introduce rounding errors, even when the zones are the same.

Regards
Paul

gixxer92
June 17th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the help Paul.

Yes, it is saving a value but not the value that I pasted in there (even after checking the zone align for consistency).
I checked the zone boundaries and re-pasted them to make sure there was alignment (there was on both files to the GMPP 525 (E67) parameters (there was no change with what I had already prior to all of this). Initially the value was different on the Vette tune (from my recollection) and the values were pasted in correctly.

I went to the Coefficients table and pasted it into the Corvette file and still don't get the pasted values to stay the same on a save. Each time I paste and save it cuts the changed values by half.

GMPP Normal VE Coefficients

Post Paste and save (values changed are half of what they were originally)

I did check the zone edge align and there was a mismatch between the two "0" for the GMPP file and a "1" on the corvette file. I know you said to not paste this area but if it's a GM unmodified tune is there still error introduced?

Just checking a copy and paste with Zone boundary alignment and zone edge alignment, I still get a pasted Virtual VE Table, NA value that is not what it was on the E67 file.

GMPX
June 17th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Based on the two pictures above, when regenerating the VVE's from a stock map the coefficient values will end up being very different in every zone, that is done on purpose because of a bug in GM's code that we are working around.
Essentially if we don't do what we do then you will find some nasty lean spikes randomly appearing.

gixxer92
June 17th, 2019, 09:24 AM
So, paste the coefficients into a 2011 tune, don't touch the VVE tables and see if the car will run on it? (Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS) theory :) ) It sounds like i'm making it to hard on myself and not accepting what the "new" right should look like?

ChipsByAl
June 17th, 2019, 10:49 AM
Hi Paul, my last update was from October 2018 (Version 7.5.24), been a while. Anyway thanks for the "tun" file fix. My problem has been closing the program. If I use the "X" in the top right corner I get an error code 1400. If I use the shortcut "Alt + F4" or the "exit" from the File menu, all is good. My PC runs Windows 7 Professional SP1. If I clear the recent files and close the tuning file, the problem does not seem to occur.
Thanks Al

Chuck CoW
June 19th, 2019, 02:36 PM
I just did some testing with some really old *.tun files, (10 years old) and some of them will not load correctly in V7.5 - they cause "Access Violation" errors.
For any such tune file, you should still be able to open them in V8. Then re-save them as *.ctz files from V8. Then you can open the newly saved *.ctz file using V7.5.
Meanwhile I will investigate to see if it is possible to directly support *.tun files that are that old in the V7.5 software.

Regards
Paul

PLEASE GOD YES!!!

Some of us have some (or thousands of.....) VERY OLD TUN FILES from the beginning of time.....

I don't want to have problems loading any of my old custom stuff.

PLEASE!!

Chuck CoW

Blacky
June 19th, 2019, 02:44 PM
PLEASE GOD YES!!!

Some of us have some (or thousands of.....) VERY OLD TUN FILES from the beginning of time.....

I don't want to have problems loading any of my old custom stuff.

PLEASE!!

Chuck CoW

Hi Chuck,

The problem has been fixed, see first post.

Also (if you want) you can bulk update all your old *.tun files to shiny new *.ctz files using the V8 bulk update option.
Back up your old files first

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 19th, 2019, 02:45 PM
Hi Paul, my last update was from October 2018 (Version 7.5.24), been a while. Anyway thanks for the "tun" file fix. My problem has been closing the program. If I use the "X" in the top right corner I get an error code 1400. If I use the shortcut "Alt + F4" or the "exit" from the File menu, all is good. My PC runs Windows 7 Professional SP1. If I clear the recent files and close the tuning file, the problem does not seem to occur.
Thanks Al

What version of windows are you running? That screen shot looks like Win 2K. Or maybe WinXP with a Win2K skin?
Regards
Paul

ChipsByAl
June 19th, 2019, 03:01 PM
It runs windows 7 Pro
Al

Blacky
June 19th, 2019, 03:12 PM
It runs windows 7 Pro
Al

Can you start V7 with logging enabled?
To do that, edit the icon on the desktop by right clicking it and selecting properties. Then add /l (space, forward slash, lowercase L) to the "Target" field, like this:

Then right click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator" because it saves the log file into the same folder as the target executable and it needs admin privilege to do that.
The log file is called: StartupLog.txt

After the error occurs - before you clear the error dialog, check what the last entry in that log file is (use notepad).
Then close notepad and clear the error dialog and see what (if any) additional entries are added to the log file.

Then send me (paul@efilive.com) the log file and let me know where the log file was up to when the error dialog showed up.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 19th, 2019, 03:13 PM
It runs windows 7 Pro
Al

Doh! I just saw that you posted the Windows version in your original post - sorry my bad reading skills.
Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 21st, 2019, 07:59 AM
Paul, Ross, Quick Question. Are we ever going to see AL5 full flashing in v8? I think it has been one of the few features that is in v7.5 that hasn't been carried over to v8 along with reading out all the Allison Trim Data in V8. If the big transition to V8 is coming soon, AL5 full flashing and Trim reads are something we use daily.

GMPX
June 23rd, 2019, 09:01 AM
I seem to recall that full flashing the AL5 involved some trickery so critical data was not lost from the TCM, I'll have a chat to Paul about what was done.
To answer your question though, yes the plan is all abilities in V7 will go to V8 so V7 can be properly retired.

Tre-Cool
June 26th, 2019, 12:21 AM
I'm curious as to the reason why the tune file security is updated all the time.

Better compression/different algo to reduce file sizes?

wesam
July 2nd, 2019, 03:30 PM
I tried to read LS1A yesterday it finished successfully but show Access violation error after that
this is with the latest fix

GMC-2002-Dmax
July 3rd, 2019, 02:39 AM
I'm curious as to the reason why the tune file security is updated all the time.

Better compression/different algo to reduce file sizes?

Because people are thieves, they try to steal tunes and resell them by any method possible.

It has been a persistent problem for many years in the diesel tuning world.

Road
July 3rd, 2019, 07:55 AM
Because people are thieves, they try to steal tunes and resell them by any method possible.

It has been a persistent problem for many years in the diesel tuning world.

Be nice if EFI Live could make it where certain files couldn't be imported into a new encryption and/or maybe only letting signed files to be imported....

1FastBrick
July 5th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Can you start V7 with logging enabled?
To do that, edit the icon on the desktop by right clicking it and selecting properties. Then add /l (space, forward slash, lowercase L) to the "Target" field, like this:

Then right click on the desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator" because it saves the log file into the same folder as the target executable and it needs admin privilege to do that.
The log file is called: StartupLog.txt

After the error occurs - before you clear the error dialog, check what the last entry in that log file is (use notepad).
Then close notepad and clear the error dialog and see what (if any) additional entries are added to the log file.

Then send me (paul@efilive.com) the log file and let me know where the log file was up to when the error dialog showed up.

Regards
Paul
Paul, I am receiving the same error Code 1400 on the last release as well as this new one. I did an Uninstall and reinstalled the latest version from scratch.

Best I can figure if you open a Table and let it sit dormant for 5 minutes. For example Using an LS1B tune and go to B0104 and just let it sit for 5 minutes and make no changes and No Saves. Then just Close out of program.

I will send you some logs.

Chavez91
July 10th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Hey Ross and Paul,

Something that is new in this release is getting this error when locking AL5 controllers with a custom key.

Everything was done correctly. Got a read from the TCM and then attempted the lock. As you can see something is happening where it is causing the Serial to read offset. Its the same serial, it just starts from a different location.

We have attempted this on several controllers and the results are consistent.

Is there anything else that you need from me in order to help you track this down?? If so, let me know and I will make the time to get you the data that you need. Its sorta important to us.

The only reason we are using 7.5 is because I need to use a custom key, not a generated one from the v2 serial#.

GMPX
July 10th, 2019, 08:55 AM
I'll test it today Josh and see if we run in to the same issue and fix accordingly.

Thanks,
Ross

Blacky
July 10th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Paul, I am receiving the same error Code 1400 on the last release as well as this new one. I did an Uninstall and reinstalled the latest version from scratch.

Best I can figure if you open a Table and let it sit dormant for 5 minutes. For example Using an LS1B tune and go to B0104 and just let it sit for 5 minutes and make no changes and No Saves. Then just Close out of program.

I will send you some logs.

I got the logs, thanks. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it.

One thing to try is to close all V7 software, edit the Registry (run regedit) and completely remove the V7.5 registry key and all it's sub keys. The restart the V7.5 Scan tool, close it (to regenerate the scan tool registry settings), then restart the V7.5 tune tool and close it (to regenerate the tune tool registry settings).
The registry key to remove is \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5

Regards
Paul

1FastBrick
July 11th, 2019, 01:39 PM
I got the logs, thanks. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce it.

One thing to try is to close all V7 software, edit the Registry (run regedit) and completely remove the V7.5 registry key and all it's sub keys. The restart the V7.5 Scan tool, close it (to regenerate the scan tool registry settings), then restart the V7.5 tune tool and close it (to regenerate the tune tool registry settings).
The registry key to remove is \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5

Regards
Paul

Well, Luckily I tried this on my other laptop first which also had the same issue. I thought it was working ok after doing what you suggested. How ever V8 is pissed off now... LOL

Got to love trouble shooting...

Blacky
July 11th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Well, Luckily I tried this on my other laptop first which also had the same issue. I thought it was working ok after doing what you suggested. How ever V8 is pissed off now... LOL

Got to love trouble shooting...

The V8 software doesn't use the V7.5 registry settings. So the V8 problem is most likely not related to deleting the V7 registry settings.
Try running the V8 installation again and it/should will fix any damaged or missing files from the install.

The error is most likely referring to the USB driver dll file located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8\i386\ftd2xx.dll

PS. V8 keeps all it's settings (the equivalent of what V7 keeps in the registry) in multiple *.ini files in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config
It ended up being a lot easier to manage *.ini files while Microsoft was transitioning from XP to Vista to Win7, each major Windows update brought changes to the registry security settings. Using the registry turned out to be more trouble than it was worth during those years.

1FastBrick
July 11th, 2019, 02:23 PM
The V8 software doesn't use the V7.5 registry settings. So the V8 problem is most likely not related to deleting the V7 registry settings.
Try running the V8 installation again and it/should will fix any damaged or missing files from the install.

PS. V8 keeps all it's settings (the equivalent of what V7 keeps in the registry) in multiple *.ini files in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Config
It ended up being a lot easier to manage *.ini files while Microsoft was transitioning from XP to Vista to Win7, each major Windows update brought changes to the registry security settings. Using the registry turned out to be more trouble than it was worth during those years.

Thanks for the quick response.

It strange, If you click the error it shuts down V8. But if you click off to the side and close the window it seems to let you continue.

I just tried to reinstall to see if it would fix it but no dice. Currently uninstalling and reinstalling to see if I can get it working again.

Got to love windows and some of its unique quirks... LOL

1FastBrick
July 11th, 2019, 03:33 PM

I ran installer and no luck. Deleted that specific file and ran installer, No luck. uninstalled V7.5, V8 and deleted those keys mentioned earlier and no luck.

Any other ideas?

Chavez91
July 12th, 2019, 01:16 AM
It seems there is a 32 bit limit on USER PIDs. Though there seem to be a small handful of pids that are 40+bit and if you try to define them in the PID Compiler you get the "Size must be one of 8 ,16, 32, or in a bit range....."

Can this limit be raised? If so that would be great. If you need one for testing. Here is a great one to use/add to EFI.

uDPFRSMV = 336B 0 PKT 40 . . . . . . . "Particulate Filter Soot Models Value"
uSOOTMODL1 = + 0 UNM 32:39 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 1 (Statistical Model)"
uSOOTMODL2 = + 0 UNM 24:31 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 2 (Delta Pressure Model)"
uSOOTMODL3 = + 0 UNM 16:23 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 3 (CCB Model)"
uSOOTMODL4 = + 0 UNM 08:15 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 4 (MPC Model)"
uSOOTMODL5 = + 0 UNM 00:07 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 5 (1DK Model)"

vortecfcar
July 12th, 2019, 06:20 AM
Hey guys,

None of my .cax files appear to work with the newest release.

Nick

Blacky
July 12th, 2019, 12:05 PM
I ran installer and no luck. Deleted that specific file and ran installer, No luck. uninstalled V7.5, V8 and deleted those keys mentioned earlier and no luck.

Any other ideas?

Are you getting the 1400 error or the dll error"?
Reagrds
Paul

Blacky
July 12th, 2019, 12:20 PM
It seems there is a 32 bit limit on USER PIDs. Though there seem to be a small handful of pids that are 40+bit and if you try to define them in the PID Compiler you get the "Size must be one of 8 ,16, 32, or in a bit range....."

Can this limit be raised? If so that would be great. If you need one for testing. Here is a great one to use/add to EFI.

uDPFRSMV = 336B 0 PKT 40 . . . . . . . "Particulate Filter Soot Models Value"
uSOOTMODL1 = + 0 UNM 32:39 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 1 (Statistical Model)"
uSOOTMODL2 = + 0 UNM 24:31 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 2 (Delta Pressure Model)"
uSOOTMODL3 = + 0 UNM 16:23 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 3 (CCB Model)"
uSOOTMODL4 = + 0 UNM 08:15 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 4 (MPC Model)"
uSOOTMODL5 = + 0 UNM 00:07 1.0 0.0 . . 0 % Percentage "Soot Model 5 (1DK Model)"

The plan is to raise that to 40 bits, or more likely 64. There's a bunch of PIDs (>40 bits) that need adding.
It is high priority.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 12th, 2019, 12:22 PM
Hey guys,

None of my .cax files appear to work with the newest release.

Nick

You may need to set this setting:

Regards
Paul

1FastBrick
July 12th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Are you getting the 1400 error or the dll error"?
Reagrds
Paul

dll error with V8 software.

Blacky
July 12th, 2019, 01:06 PM
dll error with V8 software.

It may not be an EFILive specific issue. See this:
https://windowsreport.com/loadlibrary-failed-error-1114/

EFILive will request 3D hardware acceleration and associated dlls to be loaded if this setting is true:

Regards
Paul

1FastBrick
July 12th, 2019, 01:11 PM

EFILive will request 3D hardware acceleration and associated dlls to be loaded if this setting is true:

Regards
Paul

Thanks! I will work on that and see if i can get it resolved.

Stupid Windows... I bet something changed with the latest update on Tuesday...

1FastBrick
July 12th, 2019, 01:29 PM

Regards
Paul

You are a Genius!!! This fixed the dll error with V8.

The 7.5 Appears to functioning correctly after clearing out the key as instructed earlier.

So far, so Good. I feel confident enough to fix My actual tuning laptop.

Thank you for all your help!!!

vortecfcar
July 15th, 2019, 07:14 AM
You may need to set this setting:

Regards
Paul

Paul, I've adjusted that setting but am still not having luck getting .cax definitions to display properly. These are definitions I've used in previous builds fwiw. 22937 22936
rename the little one to .cax and see if it works for you

Blacky
July 15th, 2019, 02:15 PM
Paul, I've adjusted that setting but am still not having luck getting .cax definitions to display properly. These are definitions I've used in previous builds fwiw. 22937 22936
rename the little one to .cax and see if it works for you

I'm sorry, I misread your original post to say "scripts" instead of "cax files". The setting I pointed out won't help with the cax files.

Can you give me an example of what is not displaying correctly?
Which ECM type, which operating system?

There was a recent change that was made to the which *.cax files are loaded for operating systems that have multiple bin file layouts.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
July 15th, 2019, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry, I misread your original post to say "scripts" instead of "cax files". The setting I pointed out won't help with the cax files.

Can you give me an example of what is not displaying correctly?
Which ECM type, which operating system?

There was a recent change that was made to the which *.cax files are loaded for operating systems that have multiple bin file layouts.

Regards
Paul

Yes, the tune and the cax are attached in the post previous to yours. You’ll have to rename the small file to .cax.

Blacky
July 15th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Hey Ross and Paul,

Something that is new in this release is getting this error when locking AL5 controllers with a custom key.

Everything was done correctly. Got a read from the TCM and then attempted the lock. As you can see something is happening where it is causing the Serial to read offset. Its the same serial, it just starts from a different location.

We have attempted this on several controllers and the results are consistent.

Is there anything else that you need from me in order to help you track this down?? If so, let me know and I will make the time to get you the data that you need. Its sorta important to us.

The only reason we are using 7.5 is because I need to use a custom key, not a generated one from the v2 serial#.

Hi Josh,

Sorry if you didn't get a reply on this. I did test it and found the same problem you reported. It has been fixed in our internal build but it's not ready for release just yet.
If it is urgent that you need to full-flash an AL5 let me know and I'll send you the internal build to get you going.
And yes, you were correct it is/was just a 4 byte offset error in one of the V7 source configuration files.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
July 15th, 2019, 02:59 PM
AL5 FF with lock is critical for us. Orders pending. Please get the internal build to Chavez or myself. Much appreciated Paul!

Blacky
July 15th, 2019, 03:00 PM
Yes, the tune and the cax are attached in the post previous to yours. You’ll have to rename the small file to .cax.

The latest software now uses the exact calibration file name (*.calz) that EFILive uses, just with a *.cax extension, although most will still be the same as the OS number.
You need to look at the calibration file name used by EFILIve to see what you should name your cax files.
For that Allison transmission, the calibration names are 3 character letter/number combinations. So rename your *.cax file to DF6.cax and it should be all good.
Sorry that wasn't documented clearly for the AL5, I hadn't considered the impact of that change on Allison cax file names.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
July 15th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Very good, glad it was easy :-)

Blacky
July 15th, 2019, 03:15 PM
AL5 FF with lock is critical for us. Orders pending. Please get the internal build to Chavez or myself. Much appreciated Paul!

Tried emailing it but got this, I presume because it was a zipped exe file:

gave this error:
This message was blocked because its content presents a potential security issue.

I've posted it here instead:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILive_Tune_AL5_Full_Flash_Update2.zip

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
July 18th, 2019, 05:46 AM
The latest software now uses the exact calibration file name (*.calz) that EFILive uses, just with a *.cax extension, although most will still be the same as the OS number.
You need to look at the calibration file name used by EFILIve to see what you should name your cax files.
For that Allison transmission, the calibration names are 3 character letter/number combinations. So rename your *.cax file to DF6.cax and it should be all good.
Sorry that wasn't documented clearly for the AL5, I hadn't considered the impact of that change on Allison cax file names.

Regards
Paul

lol that was slightly annoying :crash: :rotflmao:

Thanks Paul for the clarification!

wesam
November 17th, 2019, 09:57 PM
When we will have the next public release ?

GMPX
November 18th, 2019, 09:34 AM
It will be a while off because currently the V8 software is in the editor beta phase, there is too many changes to push out another update without that being functional.