PDA

View Full Version : Scan V7.5 freezing while loading log files

Gregs
June 25th, 2019, 01:45 PM
I'm running the latest public release software. I'm having an issue where when I load a log file it asks me if I want to replot the log file since it has over 3000 frames. I click "no" and it starts reploting anyways. It then becomes stuck in a loop where it's plotting the maps. It keeps showing the progress bar loading the file over and over until I get tired and mouseclick anywhere in the window. The program then goes non responsive and I have to force the program closed. I'm having a really difficult time with this since I have a log file that's over 12 hours of continuous driving that i'm trying to open.

EDIT: I should note that I have the same issues on small log files but at least the problem is a little more manageable than when I have big log files

joecar
June 26th, 2019, 04:07 PM
You're saying it happened with V7.5.28...?

Blacky
June 26th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I'm running the latest public release software. I'm having an issue where when I load a log file it asks me if I want to replot the log file since it has over 3000 frames. I click "no" and it starts reploting anyways. It then becomes stuck in a loop where it's plotting the maps. It keeps showing the progress bar loading the file over and over until I get tired and mouseclick anywhere in the window. The program then goes non responsive and I have to force the program closed. I'm having a really difficult time with this since I have a log file that's over 12 hours of continuous driving that i'm trying to open.

EDIT: I should note that I have the same issues on small log files but at least the problem is a little more manageable than when I have big log files

Could you please send me the log file (paul@efilive.com) and I'll try and figure out what the problem is. I have had this same issue reported before but it's proving very difficult to reproduce.

Meanwhile, try opening it with the V8 software, it's much faster to open/manage large log files.

Regards
Paul

Gregs
July 11th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Could you please send me the log file (paul@efilive.com) and I'll try and figure out what the problem is. I have had this same issue reported before but it's proving very difficult to reproduce.

Meanwhile, try opening it with the V8 software, it's much faster to open/manage large log files.

Regards
Paul

Paul,

The file it too large for email, here is a dropbox link to the file. I have issues with both large and small files., scan tool version is 7.5.28 https://www.dropbox.com/s/eww7cdv4unmelsx/E38_0758%20IA%20to%20SD%20%280001%20tune.efi?dl=0

Thanks,
Greg

Blacky
July 12th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Paul,

The file it too large for email, here is a dropbox link to the file. I have issues with both large and small files., scan tool version is 7.5.28 https://www.dropbox.com/s/eww7cdv4unmelsx/E38_0758%20IA%20to%20SD%20%280001%20tune.efi?dl=0

Thanks,
Greg

Hi Greg,

It did eventually load into V7, it took about 30 minutes to load and it only loaded the first 100,000 (out of 600,000+) frames. That's because V7 is limited logs up to 100,000 frames.
For those 30 minutes, it does appear like V7 is frozen - but it is still loading the data.

V8 loaded the entire 600,000 frames in about 30 seconds. You can see the comparisons in the screen shot below.

Regards
Paul

Gregs
July 17th, 2019, 01:58 PM
Hi Greg,

It did eventually load into V7, it took about 30 minutes to load and it only loaded the first 100,000 (out of 600,000+) frames. That's because V7 is limited logs up to 100,000 frames.
For those 30 minutes, it does appear like V7 is frozen - but it is still loading the data.

V8 loaded the entire 600,000 frames in about 30 seconds. You can see the comparisons in the screen shot below.

Regards
Paul

After your first post I went and opened a newer log file that was similar in size and it loaded up quick in V8. I guess it's time for me to get with the times and start using V8. I haven't been in the tuning game that much in the last few years unfortunately.

Thanks,
Greg

Britteny
August 28th, 2019, 01:16 AM