PDA

View Full Version : EFILive tuning licensing

Marc solar
July 8th, 2019, 05:36 PM
Ok I need some one to explain to me if I purchase an EFI Live product and it

ScarabEpic22
July 9th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Your post was cut off, I'm assuming you posted using Tapatalk (known bug with the app).

EFILive licensing works like this for FlashScan V2:
1. You need a tuning license (GM or Cummins) to "activate" those manufactures controllers' for your V2 - you will chose either or both during initial purchase. I.E. If you want to tune a Corvette or Duramax, you need the GM license. If you want to tune your Dodge/RAM Cummins, you need the Cummins license. You can add the other tuning option to your V2 as a license upgrade at any time for a fee via the online store.

2. You need a VIN license to license each controller you flash (reading, scanning, clearing DTCs is free for all controllers). This includes PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs (BCMs too). Note, a VIN license includes a PCM/ECM and TCM/BCM license slot. Once you license the controller with your V2, it is "married"/linked forever and can be flashed unlimited times for no additional cost.

A new FlashScan V2 will come with (at least) 1 tuning license activated and 2 VIN licenses when purchased new from EFILive or a reseller.

If you want to tune HD Cummins, you'll need a FlashScan HD which is different physical hardware.

Marc solar
July 9th, 2019, 08:59 AM
Yeah I know all about the different tunning packages and vin license. I have a V2 with the Cummins and the GM gas and diesel and 2 streaming, so I

cindy@efilive
July 9th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Yeah I know all about the different tunning packages and vin license. I have a V2 with the Cummins and the GM gas and diesel and 2 streaming, so I

You

Marc solar
July 9th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Hey cindy, don

Marc solar
July 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
I got a flashscan V2 with GM and Cummins tunning and went to buy some tunes from a website that the tuner saws EFILive products and saw son custom tunes advertised as efilive tunes and ordered the product and sent my money and when I had heard anything two days later I called and gave all my info and what I wanted to purchase and was refunded my money and was told I couldn

GMPX
July 9th, 2019, 10:47 AM
Marc, post from a computer, Tapatalk keeps cutting off your posts.

Mhinson
January 31st, 2020, 06:05 PM
Your post was cut off, I'm assuming you posted using Tapatalk (known bug with the app).

EFILive licensing works like this for FlashScan V2:
1. You need a tuning license (GM or Cummins) to "activate" those manufactures controllers' for your V2 - you will chose either or both during initial purchase. I.E. If you want to tune a Corvette or Duramax, you need the GM license. If you want to tune your Dodge/RAM Cummins, you need the Cummins license. You can add the other tuning option to your V2 as a license upgrade at any time for a fee via the online store.

2. You need a VIN license to license each controller you flash (reading, scanning, clearing DTCs is free for all controllers). This includes PCMs, ECMs, and TCMs (BCMs too). Note, a VIN license includes a PCM/ECM and TCM/BCM license slot. Once you license the controller with your V2, it is "married"/linked forever and can be flashed unlimited times for no additional cost.

A new FlashScan V2 will come with (at least) 1 tuning license activated and 2 VIN licenses when purchased new from EFILive or a reseller.

If you want to tune HD Cummins, you'll need a FlashScan HD which is different physical hardware.

Do I have to activate the license before being able to read the ecm to edit it to a dps5 switch. I keep getting the error to check the cables. I have to use scan tool 7.5 to do the switch and it just pops up that error. V8 will not allow me to upgrade the os so. Any input?