PDA

View Full Version : $0101 During Crank

RC1
July 22nd, 2019, 08:40 AM
Good afternoon all,

I am working on an E92 4.3 swap in an 86 Camaro. I'm in the process of trying to get this started, but have no spark/fuel. I've already done the VATS delete as instructed, so now I'm trying to log some information during crank. Twice I managed to get some live data while cranking, but now I keep getting $0101 as soon as I hit the key to crank. The FlashScan screen also goes blank at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas as to why it appears to disconnect each time I crank? Is there a minimum voltage that is needed during crank to keep it connected?

Thank in advance

RC1
July 22nd, 2019, 12:20 PM
I'd like to add a copy of the tune file in case someone wants to have a quick look for me.

GMPX
July 22nd, 2019, 01:31 PM
I keep getting $0101 as soon as I hit the key to crank. The FlashScan screen also goes blank at the same time.
Sounds like the power to the OBD-II plug does not have a direct +12V battery feed to it, instead it is being cut off when you crank.

RC1
July 22nd, 2019, 03:27 PM
It is being fed directly, but there is a drop to about 9V when cranking. Not sure where the threshold is supposed to be.

GMPX
July 22nd, 2019, 03:33 PM
Off the top of my head 9V sounds like the minimum voltage the V2 can run from. But it seems to be dropping a long way, even under cranking (assuming the battery is in good condition).

RC1
July 22nd, 2019, 03:41 PM
The battery is new and it does crank at a good speed. I'm going to run another feed to the OBD port tomorrow and see if that helps. Then maybe I can log while cranking to see what's going on. Thanks for the response.

RC1
July 23rd, 2019, 12:31 PM
I did manage to get in a few crank logs before the dreaded $0101 again. I am seeing IGN1ON for the #1 coil control circuit goes to YES, but still no spark. After about 3 or 4 logging cycles, the voltage drops low enough to momentarily shut off the FlashScan at which point it goes to $0101.
Can someone have a look at the attached picture of the Anti Theft Log and tell me if anything looks wrong? Thank you.

GMPX
July 25th, 2019, 02:44 PM
I don't believe the theft PID will give valid status the way the patch works.

RC1
September 2nd, 2019, 12:57 PM
I'm back to trying to get this to run, as the last few weeks have been reassembling the rest of the car. Do you know what that IGN1ON PID is supposed tell us? I'm trying to decide whether maybe I have a bad ECM. That IGN1ON is a YES while cranking according to the log.

RC1
September 5th, 2019, 06:41 AM
Currently logging Crank Sensor, Cam sensor, Spark Advance, MAF, and all alooks good, but still no spark. Anything I can add to help me out?

joecar
September 10th, 2019, 10:51 PM
Post your log file (showing the IGNITION pid).

Is VATS activating...?

RC1
September 11th, 2019, 12:36 AM
This is just a quick handful of seconds, it includes the ETC stuff as I wanted to make sure the pedal wasn't creating issues.23014

Thanks

joecar
October 20th, 2019, 02:44 PM
This is just a quick handful of seconds, it includes the ETC stuff as I wanted to make sure the pedal wasn't creating issues.23014

ThanksLog GM.ETCTP also.

RC1
October 21st, 2019, 04:41 AM
Log GM.ETCTP also.

Thank you for the reply Joe, fortunately this issue was solved a while ago after a conversation with Ross. he needed to make a change to the VATS patch, and then everything was okay.