PDA

View Full Version : CAX service for high Rpm on CMC?

undergroundak
July 26th, 2019, 09:32 PM
Yo EFI live!

Is there anywhere/anyone who provide CAX upgrades for a fee on my file so I can continue tuning as I make hard part changes? I'm looking to get past the 3800RPM hard limiter. I've been researching for a while and it looks like CAX file changes are the only way to get past this. If there are other options please clue me in as I'm hoping to avoid a 5.9 PCM swap.

Thanks!
Nick

GMPX
July 28th, 2019, 09:27 AM
Nick, I actually don't remember where this was at.
I thought people were able to get past 3,800 with what we had in the software, I say that because either demand for it has dropped off or people are doing something else because it never comes up anymore.

undergroundak
July 29th, 2019, 07:33 AM
I did find the thread where you were working with Mitch Cooper and Les(silver bullet) on this and it looked like all the CSP capable tunes were good to go except one Les working on. I figured I was in the same boat and had an odd CSP file that was hitting the 3800 RPM wall. I've researched and came to the assumption that it was cax issue and that is out of my league and time It's a mild truck and I've got full fuel but it hits a limiter like a gasser! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'll attach my tune I'm working on now (and a log) that I scaled a few tables (not all) and the limiters are set way high for testing. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something. Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Nick

Mitco39
August 1st, 2019, 03:40 AM
I did find the thread where you were working with Mitch Cooper and Les(silver bullet) on this and it looked like all the CSP capable tunes were good to go except one Les working on. I figured I was in the same boat and had an odd CSP file that was hitting the 3800 RPM wall. I've researched and came to the assumption that it was cax issue and that is out of my league and time It's a mild truck and I've got full fuel but it hits a limiter like a gasser! Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I'll attach my tune I'm working on now (and a log) that I scaled a few tables (not all) and the limiters are set way high for testing. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something. Any input is appreciated!
Thanks!
Nick

Shoot me an email at sales@ccstuning.com and I can help you with it if you are still stuck.

Patrickz
March 29th, 2021, 01:05 PM
Sorry to drag up an ancient post, did you have any luck getting past the limiter?

Twistedshafts
June 4th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Did you get it figured out. I am currently having the same issue with a manual truck. It is pulling fuel at 2900 though. Calling for 150mm3 but it just plummets at 2900 rpm. I have all the limiters turned up and the axis points matching. Don't have this issue with 5.9s.