PDA

View Full Version : How to graph 2 pids with equal scaling in V8

cmkelly01
July 31st, 2019, 09:53 AM
In V8, I have a log file with 2 pids that I need to plot on one graph so that I can visually compare them. To do so, I need to have each pid with the same scale, the same Y(min), and the same Y(max). Initially, the pids have to be entered one-by-one, and V8 sets the initial scaling (and it's different for each pid). I can then change the scale for each pid, but I can't get the scales to both be the same. Nor can I change any Y(min) or Y(max) values independently. Is there a way that I can get the pids to overlay on the same chart? Thanks.

GMPX
July 31st, 2019, 10:25 AM
If you right click on the chart you should be able to edit the min/max for each PID, is this what you are already trying?

cmkelly01
July 31st, 2019, 11:42 AM
Got it! The first time I went there, the boxes were grayed out, and I moved on. This time, I selected the pid on the chart, and the boxes magically came alive!! Bless you!

Blacky
August 1st, 2019, 03:48 PM
When editing the chart properties, you need to left-click on the part of the chart that you want to change - then the appropriate edit boxes get enabled. You can see which part of the chart you are editing because it will have a white dashed line around it.

You can select more than one item to change at a time - by holding down the Ctrl key and left clicking in each item that you want to change. I.e. if you wanted to change all the orange charts to some other color, then click in each of the 4 orange charts while holding down the Ctrl key - they will each get a white dash border indicating that you can change them all at the same time.

A quick (but temporary) way to copy the scales: hold down the Ctrl key and left click and drag one scale to the other scale - that will copy the scale from one to the other. That is only a temporary change, if you left-click in the second scale it will revert back to it's original scaling.
You can also manually adjust the scaling by holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse scroll wheel while hovering over the axis. Again the change is only temporary and can be reverted by left-clicking in the axis.
You can also manually adjust the height by using just the mouse scroll wheel while hovering over the axis. Again the change is only temporary and can be reverted by left-clicking in the axis.

To make permanent changes, you have to edit the char properties as normal.

cmkelly01
August 2nd, 2019, 01:23 PM
Thanks!!

joecar
August 24th, 2019, 05:26 PM

A quick (but temporary) way to copy the scales: hold down the Ctrl key and left click and drag one scale to the other scale - that will copy the scale from one to the other. That is only a temporary change, if you left-click in the second scale it will revert back to it's original scaling.
You can also manually adjust the scaling by holding the Ctrl key and using the mouse scroll wheel while hovering over the axis. Again the change is only temporary and can be reverted by left-clicking in the axis.
You can also manually adjust the height by using just the mouse scroll wheel while hovering over the axis. Again the change is only temporary and can be reverted by left-clicking in the axis.

To make permanent changes, you have to edit the char properties as normal.Good to know, thanks.