PDA

View Full Version : Cummins CM2150

Awalution
August 5th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Is there options to disable dtcs like the dodge cm2100s for the cm2150 because I am planning to replace a cm850 with the cm2150 and run it as a standalone in an offroad application. It is an ISB 6.7 running with a cm850 for now. The issue with using CM849 or 2100 is because it runs on the 250k can speed and the dodge ones would be 500k I guess. Any help or reply would be highly appreciated.

GMPX
August 5th, 2019, 08:41 AM
No there isn't sorry, years ago EFILive stopped adding the ability to do this for various reasons.
Do you need it to be 250K CAN for other modules on the vehicle?

Awalution
August 5th, 2019, 05:16 PM
The dash should be 250k as well because it shows ecu data as well. And its a 24volt application. It runs a pdm. I will be having a chat with the lads who did it. Usually pdms are programmable so maybe we can alter the can rate and 12 volt output if we use the dodge ecu. I guess the cm2100 doesn't run on 24volt config.

GMPX
August 5th, 2019, 05:25 PM
The Dodge ECM's do have a 250K J1939 bus as well but I am not sure what data it spits out, it might not be enough for the dash.
I am pretty sure none of the Dodge ECM's would run on 24V.
If you know your way around a Hex Editor etc then we are always happy to convert any HD .ctz file read with EFILive to an unencrypted .bin file.

Cheers,
Ross

Awalution
August 5th, 2019, 07:20 PM
Actually all of this hassle is because I read a cm850 with the flashscan hd i bought recently and it was a ctz file and I couldn't edit it. I tried to source out an original bin but as it didn't have a calibration number I failed regardless of spending another fortune for the tools to try and read it. The dash uses rpm, speed and water temperature. We only work with hex editing as we do german cars so it'll be easier for us with the converted bin either the 850 or if we go 2150 route. We can turn things off on the bin with hex and then use efilive to edit the tune itself when we end up with the 2150 route because maybe we will convert it to a vgt. Please let me know where to send the ctz for the conversion. Thank you

GMPX
August 6th, 2019, 07:22 AM
Just Email it to support@efilive.com and it'll come back as a bin (send the 850 file as well if you want).

Awalution
August 6th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Thank you. Just sent the 850 readout. I asked before but I was turned down I don't know why.

GMPX
August 6th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Yeah I don't either, more than happy to do it.

Awalution
August 6th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Lately my emails end up in spam folder for people. If you are checking those emails it would be from awalution@gmail.com. does it take a long time to get the file back?

GMPX
August 7th, 2019, 08:32 AM
I don't monitor that Email address, I will ask for you though.

Edit: Got the file, will send it over shortly.

Awalution
August 7th, 2019, 08:16 PM
Thanks man. Got the email. One more question does efilive force cvn fix or checksum fix as we call it. I finally got the calibration number and the cvn hex number as well.

GMPX
August 8th, 2019, 08:17 AM
Yes, well it isn't forced but when you load the file into V8 if the checksums are wrong there is an option to fix them (right click on the checksum value to choose to fix it).
One thing I always caution is that fixing a checksum doesn't meant the file is valid, in other words if you've messed something up outside of EFILive and you choose to correct the checksum all it is doing is calculating a checksum over the range specified, it has no way to know what it is correcting is valid, does that make sense?