PDA

View Full Version : cruise control thoughts

trona
August 26th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Hey there
I just wanted to post some results from my E38 cruise control
I took me some time to set up the wiring with the clutch switch 12 volts unless depressed, brake 12 volts when depressed for the TAC and 12 volts disappearing when pressed for TCC.
On the ECM, Brake 12volts when peddle is pressed and ground when not depressed.
But I was still struggling to make the cruise control reliable.
It turns out that you must have all the DTC's cleared Even if they are not illuminating the MIL light.
Dave

joecar
August 28th, 2019, 01:13 AM
Thanks for posting your findings.

trona
September 16th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Here are some more discovery's and problems with my GM C.C.
I had mentioned that DTCs were disabling my CC. But not just Mill light DTCs but also
Failing emissions tests. The test that I cant seem to kill and I am failing is the 2nd O2 sensors sampling test. I have no Cats and no sensors they are DTC disabled but I still fail the tests.
Any Thoughts on turning off these tests
Thanks
Dave

statesman
September 16th, 2019, 07:39 AM
{C3210}... set it to zero.

trona
September 16th, 2019, 07:47 AM
{C3210}... set it to zero.
thanks but already set to 0.00
dave

trona
September 16th, 2019, 09:29 AM
Here is the emisions test failure
"Oxygen Sensor Heater X/y Samples Test - B1S2 $0E $12 9.0000 8.0000 Maximum Samples"
maybe this is a clue
Thanks
Dave

trona
September 26th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Hey There
Still having cruise issues. Since clearing the failed rear o2 readiness tests allows the CC to lock. I was wondering if I can hook up the rear o2s stick them in the glove compartment
and have them pass the readiness test. I realize the CAT test (if enabled) will through a code .
But will they pass readiness?
Thanks
Dave

In-Tech
September 26th, 2019, 06:07 AM
I believe if you set p0420,p0430 to X no error reporting but leave the MIL active it will instantly set the catalyst monitor passed. And no, you can't leave the rear sensors active and have the sensors in the glove box, above tip should work for those rears too.

trona
September 26th, 2019, 11:41 AM
In-Tech you got me excited but when i checked the enablers and MIL lights they were already set that way.
One thing though after the codes are cleared the o2s pass the readiness tests but after about ten minutes or so they will fail.
maybe a clue?
Dave

trona
September 26th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Another Quick question my E38 lt1b does not have DTC enable P0054 and P0060
Are they there and are not seen by the EFIlive tuner?

trona
October 7th, 2019, 05:42 AM
This should be my conclusions about getting my CC working.
In the end it turned out to be the TCC control. I foolishly thought that just leaving 12 volt permanently connected to the TCC. and relied on the brake TAC. connections (one with a grd till brakes are applied then 12volt.}
This would work till the ECM detected that the brakes are showing up at the TAC but not at the TCC. which through s a code that disables the CC on next keyup.
Now that the TCC is hooked up to the positive when brakes are released and nothing when there depressed. You can verify this by using the GM.STATe01-09 PID to check.

joecar
October 8th, 2019, 10:58 PM
Here is the emisions test failure
"Oxygen Sensor Heater X/y Samples Test - B1S2 $0E $12 9.0000 8.0000 Maximum Samples"
maybe this is a clue
Thanks
Dave

Do this to pass the catalyst test:

... set p0420,p0430 to X not-reported reporting but leave the MIL active it will instantly set the catalyst monitor passed.
And no, you can't leave the rear sensors active and have the sensors in the glove box, above tip should work for those rears too.

The last sentence of that is saying this: do same for the rear O2 sensor tests, find all the BxS2 DTC's and set them to not-reported and set MIL on.

joecar
October 8th, 2019, 11:01 PM
This should be my conclusions about getting my CC working.
In the end it turned out to be the TCC control. I foolishly thought that just leaving 12 volt permanently connected to the TCC. and relied on the brake TAC. connections (one with a grd till brakes are applied then 12volt.}
This would work till the ECM detected that the brakes are showing up at the TAC but not at the TCC. which through s a code that disables the CC on next keyup.
Now that the TCC is hooked up to the positive when brakes are released and nothing when there depressed. You can verify this by using the GM.STATe01-09 PID to check.Sorry, I'm not following (lol, it is 4:01 am)...