PDA

View Full Version : DTC report from V8 Log file?

comnrailpwr
August 27th, 2019, 09:55 AM
Can someone tell me how to get the dtc report from a saved v8 log file? Stupid me flashed the truck before I read out the dtc but I do have it setup to save dtc upon saving a log file. I exported the log to a .CSV file but the data is kind of scrambled.. I do know their are some dtc. It just showed up kinda scrambled like the picture below. What should I be opening the .CSV file with? Am I on the right path. Will attach log too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190827/a822794bc914dfd626b973eae56c992e.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

comnrailpwr
August 27th, 2019, 09:56 AM

comnrailpwr
August 27th, 2019, 10:00 AM
Ok. I found the correct format to view the data. I do not see any dtc though.

comnrailpwr
August 28th, 2019, 09:55 PM
Anybody. Is this possible?

Blacky
August 29th, 2019, 08:52 AM
There are no DTCs stored in that log file. Even if there were, when you export logged dat to a *.csv file only the PID data is exported, not all the other meta data such as DTCs.
To view DTCs saved in a *.pld logged data file, use the drop down arrow on the [Config] button at the bottom of the scan tool window and select the option "Display/Change Log File Information", then select the [DTCs] tab page. (Or use the hotkey Ctrl+I)

Regards
Paul

comnrailpwr
August 29th, 2019, 11:08 AM
That's weird their are none. This is a competition truck that has several random dtc as I do not have them shut off in the tune I don't think. I'll double check they are reporting correctly tomorrow with another saved log.. This engine is standalone setup that only only uses a a few sensors.

comnrailpwr
August 30th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Dtc are reporting correctly. Thanks for your help Paul