PDA

View Full Version : A50 stock base file-2012

Kennedy Diesel
September 5th, 2019, 01:35 AM
I have done quite a few Allison A50 replacement TCM's over the years, but I've come across what is to me an oddball in the 2012 model year.

Typically they all seem to use OS 24266880 and Trans 24269908 but I have come across one that uses 24269909 which I do not happen to have. I've come across this same scenario with a lone 2011 truck as well, but I happened to have the file for that one. In this case I do not.

GMPX
September 5th, 2019, 09:54 AM
Hi John,

Not one we've had sent in for support either sorry.
Might be worth checking out TIS to see what the latest update is for that TCM, might just be a case of a really old OS in there.

Cheers,
Ross

Kennedy Diesel
September 11th, 2019, 04:04 AM
Hi John,

Not one we've had sent in for support either sorry.
Might be worth checking out TIS to see what the latest update is for that TCM, might just be a case of a really old OS in there.

Cheers,
Ross

Thanks Ross

It's an odd one but that is the current TIS listing. I sent the replacement module to the customer with the more mainstream file loaded and will see how it goes. I had him try to read the original unit using an Autocal that he had as a pass through, byt he got the $0101 so module may be bad or some other CAN issue. At any rate I requested that he send me the original unit so I can try to read it.