PDA

View Full Version : Use high speed

minytrker
July 6th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I was tuning a 04 2500HD with a 6.0 and the only way I could flash it is if I would uncheck the high speed box. It still flashed in about 30 secs but it would not flash unless I unchecked that box. Has anyone seen this before?

SinisterSS
July 6th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Did it have OnStar?

dc_justin
July 6th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I cannot flash my SS in high speed. I used to be able to, but for some reason no longer. If I try, it will go extremely slow, perhaps 1k every 3 seconds.
I also have problems doing a read flash with it. It will reset the gauge cluster 2 or 3 times while doing the read flash, acting like it is going to crash... It's not my PCM, something with the wiring, as I have had to slow flash 3 pcms using this wiring.

Doc
July 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
I recently tuned a 2005 HD 6.0L with no problems.

minytrker
July 6th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Did it have OnStar?

I dont think it did

I cannot flash my SS in high speed. I used to be able to, but for some reason no longer. If I try, it will go extremely slow, perhaps 1k every 3 seconds.
I also have problems doing a read flash with it. It will reset the gauge cluster 2 or 3 times while doing the read flash, acting like it is going to crash... It's not my PCM, something with the wiring, as I have had to slow flash 3 pcms using this wiring.

yep thats exactly what it does

dc_justin
July 6th, 2006, 01:46 PM
yep thats exactly what it does

I'm wanting to do a full flash to Custom OS3 soon on it, but I'm afraid that I'll get started and never be able to finish the flash...

Alvin
July 6th, 2006, 02:19 PM
disconnect the battery first.. That really helps

SinisterSS
July 6th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Are you guys running the latest tuning software? I flashed my SSS about 10 times the other day without any issues.

Justin, for a fellow SSS owner, send your PCM to me and I'll bench-flash COS3 for you - just cover shipping.

dc_justin
July 6th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Are you guys running the latest tuning software? I flashed my SSS about 10 times the other day without any issues.

Justin, for a fellow SSS owner, send your PCM to me and I'll bench-flash COS3 for you - just cover shipping.

Thanks for the offer Sinister, but I should be fine. I am going to get a bench harness pretty soon. I'd really like to get the wiring issue figured out though, so I'm going to be looking into it some more.
I am completely up to date on my software. Strangely enough, I'm thinking mine has to do with the Kenwood deck I have, more specifically the door chime module, as it will emit random static sounds while the tune is being flashed... Either that or something with my ground wires for the intercooler pump. I'll have to play with it and see what I can find.

minytrker
July 6th, 2006, 02:34 PM
To make you feel better, I had it lock up on me once during a normal flash and efi was able to recover it using the slower flash with no problem. I have another pcm here for that truck I am thinking about throwing it in just to see if its the truck or pcm.

dc_justin
July 6th, 2006, 02:43 PM
To make you feel better, I had it lock up on me once during a normal flash and efi was able to recover it using the slower flash with no problem. I have another pcm here for that truck I am thinking about throwing it in just to see if its the truck or pcm.

I've had mine fail on MANY times during a partial flash, both with my truck, and when I've put in 2 other PCMs to tune them, both have had the same issues.