PDA

View Full Version : Traction control question

Tinbender59
September 30th, 2019, 07:56 AM
We are trying to use a 2014 Silverado for snow work (snow plow, and recovery work) but the traction control keeps kicking in. we turn it off on the dash,but as soon as you hit 25 mph of wheel spin it kicks back in automatically. which renders us useless in a lot of situations. is there a setting to shut this down permanently? or open it up to higher speeds?

pinstripebob
September 30th, 2019, 08:00 AM
Can you press and hold the traction control button for 30 seconds to disable traction control and Stabilitrak?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tinbender59
October 6th, 2019, 04:37 AM
Can you press and hold the traction control button for 30 seconds to disable traction control and Stabilitrak?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes I know, but as I said at 25 to 35 mph wheels slipping it re-engages automatically. That is our problem.

In-Tech
October 6th, 2019, 06:36 AM
There should be many things you can change for the traction control. Post your calibration file if you need help. Easiest is the temp enable and just max that out.

pinstripebob
October 6th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Not everyone knows there's a difference between a quick press of the traction control button and a 30 second press and hold.

I found a 2014 Sierra 6.2L stock tune and a T43 transmission tune, I didn't see much for traction control. As In-Tech said, posting your calibration will help others diagnose your issue.

joecar
October 8th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Not everyone knows there's a difference between a quick press of the traction control button and a 30 second press and hold.

Thanks for that info.