PDA

View Full Version : Flash failed, door was ajar, alarm sounding constantly

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 05:14 AM
Hopefully I can recover from this, door was ajar and the wind was blowing during cal flash, flash failed, turn off the ignition and alarm and hazards flashing, had to disconnect the battery, alarm restarts as soon as battery is reconnected, is there a solution for this?

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 06:35 AM
Fortunately I remember I have a bench harness, just never used it before, ill try disconnect PCM from the vehicle and reflash

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 06:41 AM
do I need disconnect the centre plug while the bench harness is connected during bench flash?

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 07:50 AM
Bench flash went ok, PCM status is ok, but alarm still active when battery reconnected, any ideas ?

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Too late at night now, I’ll try connect the battery again in the morning and use the key fob too lock and open the car

GMPX
October 18th, 2019, 12:43 PM
Well you never mentioned what vehicle type or controller you were dealing with, makes it hard to offer advice. :music_whistling_1:

Gelf VXR
October 18th, 2019, 07:49 PM
Sorry about that, its an E40 on a HSV Monaro. The alarm disarmed with the key fob, I had Deja vu, im sure I had same issue a few years back.

GMPX
October 20th, 2019, 09:01 AM
I don't remember any specifics either aside from I know the anti-theft alarms in the HSV's were problematic at the best of times.