PDA

View Full Version : Help.. Need stock OS OR Tunes for 08 and 09 Cab and Chassis trucks

RPO_Z06
October 25th, 2019, 07:33 AM
I have two cab and chassis trucks that have been previously tuned and now the rear tanks won't work. From what I read its because its the wrong OS from the box tuner they were tuned with.

The OS is currently 12628594 on both but I can't find what it should be.

VIN# 1GBJK39608E186942

VIN# 1GBJK89679E118510

Any Help greatly appreciated..

killerbee
October 27th, 2019, 03:59 AM
It's not an OS problem. If you want to send in the ECM's we can program them correctly to factory status.

RPO_Z06
November 13th, 2019, 04:43 AM
I appreciate the response but they belong to a new customer and get used daily so can't be down, is it a matter of replacing the tables in fuel tank #2 that are blank? I work on diesels but don't tune them, I've been doing Gas tunes a long time so if someone were to simply explain it I could swing it.

GMPX
November 13th, 2019, 08:16 AM
Not that simple, there is 100's of additional calibrations in the backgound that would need to be matched to the fuel tank set up. This is what the segment swap option can be used for (but you need to have a copy of the segment needed of course).
Worst case (and not a bad option) is you just buy two VIN licenses on TIS (I think they are about $25 ea these days) and then you know the correct and latest calibrations are going to be in the ECM's.