PDA

View Full Version : Unable to view cal using Efilive

mysunnshine
November 5th, 2019, 04:53 AM
I have an E38 that I need to tune. Somebody had been into the PCM already and I'm having an issue with viewing the cal. I can pull the cal out but I can not open any of the information. However, when I pull the cal using HPtuners, I can view the information. Any ideas?

ScarabEpic22
November 5th, 2019, 06:27 AM
Post the OS number. Is the vehicle on the supported vehicles list on EFILive.com? E38s are pretty well defined, so I'd be surprised it's not supported unless it's a pretty new vehicle.

If the OS is a HPTuners Enhanced OS, EFILive may be able to read it (cant remember), but it won't be able to open a calibration definition.

mysunnshine
November 5th, 2019, 07:08 AM
The zOs is 01250213 and the calendar I'd is 12614675

GMPX
November 5th, 2019, 08:16 AM
That is a HPTuners custom OS, you can't edit that with EFILive.

mysunnshine
November 5th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Bummer.....That sucks

ScarabEpic22
November 7th, 2019, 10:16 AM
That is a HPTuners custom OS, you can't edit that with EFILive.

That's what I thought it was going to be...

Bummer.....That sucks

You do understand that HPTuners created the OS enhancement for that OS, right? Why would EFILive want to support a competitors OS enhancement and product? Then EFILive would have to maintain a list of HPTuners enhanced OS', map that to their own calibrations for editing. Lot of work to support a competitors product...

GMPX
November 7th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Why would EFILive want to support a competitors OS enhancement and product?.....Lot of work to support a competitors product...
HPTuners added support for our LS1 COS's to their product and had the nerve to charge people for support. :yucky::yucky:

ScarabEpic22
November 10th, 2019, 11:48 AM
HPTuners added support for our LS1 COS's to their product and had the nerve to charge people for support. :yucky::yucky:

Wow, didn't know that...