PDA

View Full Version : Cant flash controller I have had licensed for years? LS1B

jderekt
November 18th, 2019, 10:43 AM
Need help, LS1B controller I have had licensed for years now suddenly wont let me flash to it due to no license?
I used the controller to show a buddy how to program a pcm using my Tech II in pass-through mode and unintentionally did flash the pcm due to me not paying full attention. This changed the OS and VIN, so I took out my V2 and reloaded my OS and tune file via a full flash in V8. Now it will not let me flash at all saying I need to buy a license?? HELP! I have more work to do to this file!

Th controller serial number is not changeable is it??

I did run an update on V7.5 after the full flash in V8.

TIA,
Derek

GMPX
November 18th, 2019, 10:55 AM
TechII will happily wipe out / corrupt serial numbers of controllers (LB7 Duramax's suffer this with Tech-II as well), but the S/N is not something EFILive will or can change.
It's not normally something that happens with the LS1 PCM though, when you go to the OBD-II tab in V8 and get info does it actually return what looks like a valid S/N or is it rubbish (eg, not letters and numbers)?

jderekt
November 18th, 2019, 11:15 AM
Perfectly valid appearing data.23085

jderekt
November 18th, 2019, 11:31 AM
I was able to do a VIN change through V7.5 scan tool, but when I tried to flash a calibration I get this:

jderekt
November 18th, 2019, 06:12 PM
Was able to do another full flash using V7.5. PCM is pretty screwed up now, will not take a crank relearn and my Edge CTS2 monitor is not showing any PID's in the list when I try to change them. Is there a good way to just dump/recover this PCM and start over?
I have a spare PCM with a file on it. Looks like I will just have to spend the money on a license for it and start over.

joecar
December 8th, 2019, 03:24 PM
In V8 software, goto the VIN Licenses page, see if shows your PCM's serial number as you see it in your pic above.

jderekt
December 8th, 2019, 03:51 PM
In V8 software, goto the VIN Licenses page, see if shows your PCM's serial number as you see it in your pic above.Did that. Was not there. I'm sure the stupid tech II changed it. I'm pretty much a rookie to the flashing/tuning world and likely partly to blame.
I got a fresh factory file loaded and just paid for another license.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk