PDA

View Full Version : FlashScan V2 lights up, doesn't completely boot when connected to PC

samh_08
November 19th, 2019, 04:22 AM
As the title says, the unit powers on and operates completely normal connected via OBD2 but doesn't completely boot up when connected to USB. I've tried 2 difference PC's so far..

My first thought was faulty USB port/cable/PC so I tried a different PC with 2 different USB cables as well. Thoughts?

joecar
December 8th, 2019, 04:35 PM
When you connect to a PC, unplug the USB cable and replug it... when you do this, does any notification appear on the Windows tray (nets to the clock)...?

samh_08
December 10th, 2019, 02:42 PM
Sometimes it says the USB device has failed, sometimes it'll show up normal in the device manager. Either way the unit never fully boots when connected to a PC, but boots and operates perfectly normal via OBDII.

Thanks Joe

joecar
December 11th, 2019, 03:11 PM
Sounds like the USB connector's solder joints may have cracked...

Where are you located (approximately)...?

joecar
December 11th, 2019, 05:30 PM
You might try to uninstall and reinstall the USB driver.

If this does not resolve the issue, then there is a good chance the USB socket's solder joints are cracked... or the USB device's voltage/current spike protection device has blown.

samh_08
December 12th, 2019, 03:35 AM
Located in the Midwest, I've tried the driver but I think even if there's no driver installed it should at least power up the LCD, correct? I'm decent with soldering if I would have a direction to look or check.

krwyellowz28
February 2nd, 2020, 08:11 AM
Any updates on this? I hadn't used my V2 since 2017 and recently tried on 2 different laptops with similar symptoms you're talking about: all the LED's light up, display lights up on the V2 like normal, but 7.5 doesn't show it connected, and keeps me in demo mode.

ScarabEpic22
February 3rd, 2020, 11:22 AM
Valdiate you see the FS V2 in the Device Manager. If it appears there and the driver is properly installed, then try using a USB2 port (not USB3). Try a new USB cable. If that doesn't work, you can look at disabling the XCHI controller in the BIOS/UEFI if you're comfortable playing in there.