PDA

View Full Version : Calc_pids

Gregs
November 29th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Hey guys,

I have a new computer and I lost my calc_pids file that was working. In the past I've had really bad luck getting my calc_pids.txt right. I've tried about a dozen calc_pids.txt files that i've fond but none will show the pids to select them. It's almost as if the scantool is ignoring the calcpid files that I load because with the different files I never see additional pids that are available to select.

Does anyone have a known working file for LS1B? I would try to modify it to work for my situation. I'm trying to take my AEM analog wideband signal into the scantool.

-Using V7.5.28
-file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Installation Defaults\User Configuration

Thanks,
Greg

macanic21
November 29th, 2019, 09:47 AM
I think what you need is a .pid file located in the PIDs folder, not the calc_pids file under User Configuration. I struggled with this for days, still don't understand it really but attached one that at least allows you to select the PID in the scan tool.

Gregs
November 29th, 2019, 11:57 AM
I think what you need is a .pid file located in the PIDs folder, not the calc_pids file under User Configuration. I struggled with this for days, still don't understand it really but attached one that at least allows you to select the PID in the scan tool.

got it figured out!

Short story: There are two calc_pids.txt files. The one you need to modify is located in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration

Long story: I put the two files you sent me into the folder on the c drive and noticed that the "pid LS1.pid" file didn't show up when I went to open in the scantool. I then looked carefully at the folder path the scantool was showing and realized there are identical files kept in the efilive folder kept in "My Documents". There's also another "User Configuration" folder in there identical to the one kept on the c drive under program files.

Thanks for the help!

joecar
December 8th, 2019, 11:09 PM
You got it going...?

timweber
May 1st, 2020, 01:36 PM
I have had no luck getting calc_pids to work. Any other advice? I tried to write my own as per the tutorial as well as save several from the forum to my user configuration file. Nothing seems to make them appear. ???

joecar
May 17th, 2020, 04:04 AM
Post your calc_pids.txt file here, let me have a look.

Gregs
June 29th, 2020, 06:12 AM
I gave up on this but am at the point where I need a calc_pids file for my 2010 tahoe 5.3. It's an E38 controller. I need something that I can use with my AEM wideband with analog output.

joecar
July 1st, 2020, 12:30 PM
I think what you need is a .pid file located in the PIDs folder, not the calc_pids file under User Configuration. I struggled with this for days, still don't understand it really but attached one that at least allows you to select the PID in the scan tool.You have to remember to add CALC.ERROR as a percentage to VE (i.e. add (VE * {CALC.ERROR} / 100) to VE)...

it is simpler to define CALC.BEN as {CALC.AEM_AFR}/{GM.AFR} and multiply VE by it.

joecar
July 1st, 2020, 12:30 PM
I like to use {CALC.AEM_AFR}*{GM.EQIVRATIO}.

joecar
July 1st, 2020, 12:32 PM
I gave up on this but am at the point where I need a calc_pids file for my 2010 tahoe 5.3. It's an E38 controller. I need something that I can use with my AEM wideband with analog output.

Those pids won't work for E38... instead of GM.AFR or GM.EQIVRATIO, use SAE.LAMBDA, but you have to check its sense (whether it is really lambda or really EQR), and then either divide or multiply by it.

Gregs
August 13th, 2020, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the replies. I got the cam swap done and retained VVT. It runs ok on the stockish tune but LTFTs are running -9 with lightdiving. Haven't opened it wide open yet. The wideband is still installed in the truck so i'm thinking about tuning the LTFTs based on the factory narrowband to get me closer before I go to the hastle of unwiring the wideband from the truck anbd reinstalling in the tahoe.

Joecar, thanks for the replies. I'll work on my file with those hints. I think my troubles are that I have both an E38 and a LS1B controller so my pids get confused. It's a bummer because for the longest while I had a good LS1B calc_pids file but it's been lost.