PDA

View Full Version : LS1B VE Tuning No Effect

macanic21
November 29th, 2019, 11:03 AM
Hey guys, similar but opposite problem as the other thread but totally different setup.

Cam/Ported stock heads/Shorty headers 00 Camaro

It seems like we got the MAF sensor tuned in and it runs pretty well on that. We are now trying to dial in the VE table and are having trouble.

1. I added like 20% to the VE table in WOT conditions and didn't really pick up any AFR. It seemed to be effecting cruise a little when I modified the map in that area. Didn't seem to have DTC related to MAF either although I tried to disable it.

2. The % error calculation in the calc_pids file isn't correct. AFR seems to work. Why does it seem like this thing can't do math with negative numbers in that file?

Attached are the tunes, files and logs. I read through all the stickies and stuff several times but I seem to have problems that I'm not supposed to

Gregs
November 30th, 2019, 04:36 AM
I see you have 0Hz for the MAF fail. Have you tried 1Hz instead? Is the MAF unplugged? Are you getting a MIL for the MAF being failed? You should be getting a check engine light if the MAF is being failed correctly since you have the MIL enablers set to report the code.

macanic21
December 1st, 2019, 05:42 AM
I actually had that idea. No, I don't believe I'm getting a code (Flashscan pulls nothing). No, I didn't unplug it. I was assuming the IAT was coming from it also?

I'll set it to 1 and try. Thanks

quik95lt1
December 3rd, 2019, 09:06 AM
change C2904/5 to 20000
change c2903/6 to 1

unplug the maf and try again, your not in speed density it sounds like, it should throw a MAF code instantly

joecar
December 9th, 2019, 01:09 AM
Important: are you seeing a MAF DTC...?

joecar
December 9th, 2019, 01:14 AM
Also:

what are you doing with "(({CALC.AEM_AFR}-{GM.AFR})/{GM.AFR})*100", how are you adding that much percent to the VE table...?

If you use "{CALC.AEM_AFR}/{GM.AFR}" you can paste-multiply this value directly into the VE table.

joecar
December 9th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Which stickies did you read thru...?