PDA

View Full Version : Having fun in Hell

Doc
July 8th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Hello All,
Just a few pics of a recent business trip to Trondheim, Norway. My mild mannered day job is working for the US Navy as a civil servant in the calibration field. At night, and on weekends when I am in the US I work/tune at a local speed shop in Florida. The big green hangar in the pictures is in Varnes, Norway built in 1942 by Slave Norwiegans by their Nazi masters out of wood. Note the chevy 3500 six pack looking like a toy in the photo. The funny yellow thing is a jack tester. As in a aircraft jacktester. I was sent there with a special load cell calibrator to calibrate it. The time difference was only six hours but at this time of year in Norway the sun is out about 20 hours a day. Yah work all day, goto the pub, consume, go outside...eyeballs grow. Wait a minute, it's 11:30pm local and it should be dark now right? Nope. As it went, there was a music festival in a local town called "Hell." http://hellblues.com/hbn/index.php
Deep Purple kicked ass! In Hell nonetheless. Take care all.

ringram
July 8th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Trondheim is nice, Ive been there myself. In fact all of Norway is nice. One of the coastal towns I stayed in had about 5 warships sunk in the harbour from an aborted allies attempt to retake Norway. I went right up into the artic circle to the worlds northernmost brewery.
Came out of the pub at 2am into daylight and it started getting lighter! Messes you up.

joecar
July 8th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Cool... :cheers:

Interesting place... if I'm going to be up late, it may as well be daylight... :cheers:

BowlingSS
July 9th, 2006, 01:21 AM
It looks mlike a great place for a vacation...:cheers: :beer:

Bill

Doc
July 9th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I was in Oslo twenty years ago almost to the date from this last trip. Just to keep things in perspective. Gas was about $8 a gallon...I gave alot of respect for the three Fbodies I saw when I was there.