PDA

View Full Version : Wideband data freezes in V8

ToonerSQUAD89
February 6th, 2020, 01:12 PM
Having a wierd issue. My AEM 0334 Can Wideband is reading fine on the AEM gauge. When logging after 4 mins or so, the data on my wideband freezes and doesnt move in V8.
Tried Shutting down everything completely etc but still having the same issue. Any ideas what it could be?

Supercharged111
February 7th, 2020, 05:03 AM
My AEM freezes when I first plug it in. I have to navigate to the WB02 reading in the handheld and then it instantly works fine.

ToonerSQUAD89
February 7th, 2020, 06:39 AM
My AEM freezes when I first plug it in. I have to navigate to the WB02 reading in the handheld and then it instantly works fine.

Does yours freeze in the PID Monitor of V8, OR on the actual gauge. Im using a CAN based AEM. Which one are you using?

Supercharged111
February 7th, 2020, 06:42 AM
No CAN here, it would freeze on the laptop. The gauge worked fine.

ToonerSQUAD89
February 7th, 2020, 08:04 AM
No CAN here, it would freeze on the laptop. The gauge worked fine.

I don't have my V2 configured with a SD card to Scan and Log from it directly. Never had it done like that.

Supercharged111
February 7th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Me either, I just go to the WB02 readout on the thing and it unfreezes.

ToonerSQUAD89
February 7th, 2020, 11:38 AM
Me either, I just go to the WB02 readout on the thing and it unfreezes.

Ok ill give it a try. Does your happen instantly? Or does it happen a few minutes after logging.

ToonerSQUAD89
February 7th, 2020, 11:48 AM
I dont think that going to work bc that is serial based not CAN

ToonerSQUAD89
February 7th, 2020, 02:20 PM
I dont think that going to work bc that is serial based not CAN

changed computers, still after 4 mins it locks up just the AEM Wideband PID from the Trans controller

ToonerSQUAD89
February 8th, 2020, 01:15 PM
has anyone had this issue. still cant resolve it

ToonerSQUAD89
February 18th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Just want to post an update here, will be trying a fix from a member here with the gauge to see if it helps

joecar
February 24th, 2020, 03:33 PM
Did you get it working...?

( sorry, I've been out of town on work, and now I'm interviewing for for another job )

V8NHH
April 21st, 2020, 09:42 PM
has anyone had this issue. still cant resolve it

Late to reply, here but fired up EFILive to log. Selected pids into V2 then went for drive, same issue after few minutes logging fine data freezes.
Aem uego x series on can

Looks like back to HPT works fine

dr.mike
May 23rd, 2020, 08:42 PM
I have a re-flash mod for the 30-0334 that has fixed some freeze issues w/ V8.

joecar
May 27th, 2020, 08:04 PM
I have a re-flash mod for the 30-0334 that has fixed some freeze issues w/ V8.
Thanks dr.mike.

How does a user update their 30-0334 (is there a url)...?

dr.mike
May 27th, 2020, 08:15 PM
They will have to send the gauge in to me for re-flash. There is no good way to do it, in the field.

PM for shipping info, if needed.

-mike

FaultlessOrb
August 2nd, 2020, 05:43 AM
I am having the same issue with my G8. I have 2 AEM 30-0334 widebands, one for each bank, both plugged into the OBDII port. The gauges always show the actual Lambda, but the signal freezes in EFI Live V8 Scan. They don't always freeze at 4 minutes, the freeze time varies. Sometimes only one bank will freeze and the other bank will continue logging. I have been working around this by looking at STFTs for part throttle tuning, but I really need to get this figured out for WOT/Open Loop tuning.

Dr. Mike - are you saying this is an issue with the AEMs and not EFI Live V8 Scan?

It's not very practical for me to ship my gauges right now. Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks.

dr.mike
August 2nd, 2020, 09:34 AM
It's not super clear why this happens. I have a firmware patch for the 30-0334 that seems to solve the issue. for those who jave tried it. But, it is, technically, a violation of the OBDII stanfard.

FaultlessOrb
August 2nd, 2020, 03:16 PM
Dr. Mike - thanks for the quick response. Have you shared the firmware patch info with AEM?

When I called AEM about this issue, they said they think it's either caused by the FlashScanV2 hardware or EFI Live V8 Scan software, because the gauges themselves were reading correctly and not freezing. Perhaps AEM could make a firmware fix available to all 30-0334 owners if they had some guidance as to what the root cause of the issue is.

dr.mike
August 2nd, 2020, 04:01 PM
They know about it. But :

1. This has been a rare and intermittent problem.

and

2. To get it to stop "freezing" with EFILive V8, the firmware has to "technically" violate the OBDII protocol standard. So, it would be "non-conforming". i.e. are you allowed to call it OBDII compatible, if it, technically, isn't ?

So, I do not know if they will incorporate that patch into their production code.

On the plus side, the patch seems to have worked for everyone who has tried it. And, since EFILive is running the bus, and does not mind the patch, everything seems safe. But, if a different scanner were attached, that needed everything to conform to the standard, it could, possibly, break something.

If you want to send your gauges to me for re-FLASH, send me a PM.

Oh, also, the patch improves the 30-0334 serial data connection. With faster updates and an extra digit of accuracy, if you ever need to go that way. So, there is that :)

Blacky
April 5th, 2021, 10:31 AM
Just to clarify the situation.

EFILive/FlashScan correctly implements the OBDII standard with respect to the "keep alive" timing.

The AEM firmware does not implement the OBDII standard with respect to the "keep alive" timing.

Once the AEM firmware has been updated to use the correct timings provided for in the OBDII standard it works correctly.

Regards
Paul

wesam
April 5th, 2021, 10:37 AM
They know about it. But :

1. This has been a rare and intermittent problem.

and

2. To get it to stop "freezing" with EFILive V8, the firmware has to "technically" violate the OBDII protocol standard. So, it would be "non-conforming". i.e. are you allowed to call it OBDII compatible, if it, technically, isn't ?

So, I do not know if they will incorporate that patch into their production code.

On the plus side, the patch seems to have worked for everyone who has tried it. And, since EFILive is running the bus, and does not mind the patch, everything seems safe. But, if a different scanner were attached, that needed everything to conform to the standard, it could, possibly, break something.

If you want to send your gauges to me for re-FLASH, send me a PM.

Oh, also, the patch improves the 30-0334 serial data connection. With faster updates and an extra digit of accuracy, if you ever need to go that way. So, there is that :)

So as I understand any body have the freeze problem with Efilive have to send you the gauge for firmware update ?
Will this be updated in the new devices if I purchased ?!
Or it will be always lile that unless we need it updated from you ?!!