PDA

View Full Version : E92 Alpha-N (RPM vs TPS) Tuning

alpha
February 13th, 2020, 08:08 AM
Does the E92 ECM support Alpha-N (RPM vs TPS) tuning in stock form? If so, how would I go about configuring the ECM to operate in said mode? If not, can a custom OS be applied or developed to/for this ECM to support Alpha-N based tuning? My apologizes if this is posted in the wrong sub-forum.

alpha
February 22nd, 2020, 05:49 AM
I'll take that as a 'no' then?

ProperTuningOG
February 22nd, 2020, 06:10 AM
What app has you needing alpha-n?

alpha
February 22nd, 2020, 01:50 PM
2019 5.3 with Individual Throttle Bodies. Nothing crazy, trying to see if the E92 ECM is capable of handling these - else I'll just stick with a traditional SBC/ BBC.

If there was a standalone ecu available for these motors and a 6L transmission, I would of gone that way, but alas - the aftermarket has yet to catch up.

Like I said, nothing crazy. 5.3, ITB's, 8K rpm, and some Q16. I had a B20V with this exact formula, made 263 whp at 8K rpm; had a CNC'd head built for 11k RPM, but sold the setup before I dyno'd it. Figured a screaming 5.3 would make for some fun.

I originally had plans to go with VP's M5, but that would require a completely different fuel system - which doesn't exist in the aftermarket - yet.

alpha
February 22nd, 2020, 02:09 PM
Also, I am a C programmer. If it's a matter of modifying a binary or working with hex dumps, I have no issues with that.

ProperTuningOG
February 23rd, 2020, 07:21 AM
There's aftermarket options. We are working with Emtron on them. DI with 6L or 4L will be testing shortly.

As far as the E92. We will have Mefi 7 ready soon for public consumer.

alpha
February 23rd, 2020, 08:16 AM
Very interesting. For clarification, the unit being developed with Emtron; is that a full standalone with integrated 6L support, or is the 6L side of things a separate module?

Regarding MEFI 7, is that a standalone replacement for the E92? Wire-in, pin-compatible,...

Would I be correct in assuming the two proposed controller stacks are:

(1) Emtron (+ Emtron TCM?)
(2) MEFI 7 + (Some 6L controller)

or...

(1) Emtron + MEFI 7 (Emtron handling the transmission side and MEFI 7 handling the engine side of things?)

ProperTuningOG
February 23rd, 2020, 08:22 AM
Both are single controller, no secondary needed. Mefi 7 is an E92.... What rig will this be in? Do you need to retain full chassis CAN messaging?

alpha
February 23rd, 2020, 09:03 AM
That's awesome. This application is a 2019 Silverado (2wd), 5.3 with a 6L. The ability to retain full chassis CAN messaging would be nice, but not a must; would the MEFI 7 be the better choice in this case?

On that note, could the Emtron unit be used to control a 6L transmission behind a mechanically injected engine, e.g. (Enderle). If so, what inputs would be required? RPM, TPS, ...

ProperTuningOG
February 23rd, 2020, 12:43 PM
I really don't want to clog up the forum and make this sound like an ad or self promotion. Feel free to send me an email. Josh@custombuiltmotors.com

Aspeed
March 26th, 2020, 01:59 PM
We (Modern-EFI) have been working with MoTeC and have successfully replaced the E92 and controlling the 8 & 10 speed stuff.