PDA

View Full Version : Injector Calibrations

SpartanSupreme
March 1st, 2020, 08:19 AM
Does anybody know if there's an easy way to program injector calibrations into the ecm AND gpm? Right now, they're both empty. When I try to read, they both say "no data"

I had "injector calibration incorrect" codes, and was following instructions on another forum. Now I think I just ended up completely wiping the data.

And could those injector calibrations codes even have been what was stopping the truck from starting in the first place?

I just keep falling farther and farther down the rabbit hole...

GMPX
March 1st, 2020, 10:51 AM
Actually I am not sure what you can do in this situation. I'm trying to think how GM TechII would handle this and from memory it only had the option to copy the codes from one module to another, but when they are both blank I don't know what can be done.

Cougar281
March 1st, 2020, 01:55 PM
If memory serves, the code is laser etched onto the injectors. So you could copy those down and with a tech 2, you could program each injector into the ecm individually. I know I was able to program a new code in with my tech 2 when I had to replace an injector.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

SpartanSupreme
March 1st, 2020, 04:27 PM
Ok thanks. I was hoping that it would be stored in a previous tune file or something, or that efi live would be able to do it. I know I've heard people say that it's not absolutely essential to update the data when you install new injectors. But the fact that I no longer have any data for the computer to reference, is probably no good. I'm really new to all of this, and that was a pretty stupid mistake I just made. The injectors were reading good in the ECM. All I had to do was program them to the GPM.

In hindsight, I think my problem was that I wasnt following the proper procedure. To copy the codes from the ECM to the GPM, I believe I should have used these simple operations:

-Read Ecm Inject.
-Program GPM Inject.

But instead, I was following an instruction list for copying in the opposite direction. Not my brightest moment.

GMPX
March 1st, 2020, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately on the Bosch ECM's when we read them the stored Injector codes aren't saved.

SpartanSupreme
March 2nd, 2020, 11:10 AM
Just my luck, lol. Thanks