PDA

View Full Version : Injector scaling for high fuel trim

mgnta217
March 17th, 2020, 05:14 AM
2002 5.3l, 4l60e, Jeep CJ5
return type fuel system with corvette regulator filter (non referenced) @ 58 psi
Bosch 9186340 injectors
Professional Products Power+Plus intake

I tuned the vehicle with the injector data that was supposed to be for the Bosch Injectors, it would not start
I then tuned the vehicle with the stock injector tune and it starts and runs fine, but has a rolling idle and the STFT and LTFT are high. I disabled LTFT but when they are enabled they stay at 25.

Can somewhere direct me what to do with the injector data to solve this, or does anyone have data for the Bosch 9186340 (0280155831) injectors. Thanks2322323224

In-Tech
March 17th, 2020, 06:02 PM
I hope I am not bearer of bad news but it sounds like the injectors are junk. Are these ebay/chinese injectors? I have seen plenty of really bad injectors from there. I have injector cleaning and flow testing equipment in house. It sucks to guess at stuff like that, ck in your area to see if someone can check them. The biggest thing I have seen is the ebay/chinese injectors won't handle any extra fuel pressure. Those injectors stock were for 3 bar(43.5 psi). The LS is 4 bar(58psi).

The next bad news... it is few and far between to find a good vette filter/regulator anymore, even in an ac delco box. I've seen lots fail as well as a lot of them with much higher pressure. I have quit using them and now mount a regulator and filter on the frame rail(in trucks mainly as it makes for an easy "kit").

I wish you luck and let us know what you find.
-Carl

mgnta217
March 18th, 2020, 04:25 AM
This is a friends vehicle. He said he bought them off ebay, they were supposed to be remans.

joecar
April 13th, 2020, 08:39 AM
What are the flow specs on the injectors (flowrate at what pressure)...?

How close are they to the original injectors...?