PDA

View Full Version : Emissions intact tuning help!

Twistedshafts
April 1st, 2020, 11:32 PM
Looking for any advice on doing some emissions intact tuning on my 2011 Ram. Any advice would help. How not to completely plug the DPF and such. Thanks everyone.

Road
April 2nd, 2020, 01:18 AM
Looking for any advice on doing some emissions intact tuning on my 2011 Ram. Any advice would help. How not to completely plug the DPF and such. Thanks everyone.

1st thing I do is raise torque limiters. Just doing that is good for 40-50hp. Smooth out the pedal map and make it more linear. Might even mess with torque to fuel maps. These will keep it using factory fueling and minimize damage to the dpf. My testing shows anymore fuel will degrade the dpf quickly. Keep a watch on fuel mileage and focus on improving it while doing changes.

Twistedshafts
April 2nd, 2020, 01:30 AM
Awesome, thank you. If I increase timing will I need to adjust my post or pilot timing to work with added main timing?

Road
April 2nd, 2020, 01:52 AM
Awesome, thank you. If I increase timing will I need to adjust my post or pilot timing to work with added main timing?

No sir

Twistedshafts
April 2nd, 2020, 01:58 AM
Thank you, appriciate the advice very much.

TWITCH02X
January 4th, 2021, 01:04 AM

No sir

Road, is this because the timing values in post/pilot are the actual value before/after the main injection?

Road
January 4th, 2021, 03:32 AM
Road, is this because the timing values in post/pilot are the actual value before/after the main injection?

Correct

TWITCH02X
January 4th, 2021, 12:24 PM
Correct

From what ive read "SOI" for Pilot timing is the amount of degrees before "SOI" for the main event, but what about "SOI" for post??
Are the post timing numbers based off the "end" of injection on the main event???