PDA

View Full Version : New operating system that does not seem to be supported.

dieselguy9311
April 21st, 2020, 07:46 AM
I have a operating system on a 2016 colorado that i just got recently that i can read from the ecm but can not edit. Will also not let me downgrade the os to an older system. Any help with the next step i should make would be much appreciated. os is 24000173

GMPX
April 21st, 2020, 02:12 PM
GM released a bunch of new OS's for 2016-2020 a month or so back, yes they have been mapped but the EFILive software .exe's needed to be updated to support them (and to also allow you to flash back to the older OS).
Unfortunately the software is in beta at the moment so EFILive cannot support these new OS's until the software goes public beta. Not sure on the time frame on that though sorry.

dieselguy9311
April 21st, 2020, 02:28 PM
Do you have even a rough guess on when this would be done as the truck is not operational until the tuning is complete. Is this a days,weeks,months thing. Did not expect a 6 year old truck to have a new os that would not be supported.

GMPX
April 21st, 2020, 02:51 PM
Did not expect a 6 year old truck to have a new os that would not be supported.

As I said above - "GM released a bunch of new OS's for 2016-2020 a month or so back", has nothing to do with how old the truck is. GM updated all year models with a new OS, simple as that.
We only got a copy of that new OS on the 7th of this month (someone sent a read in), mapping was completed just four days ago.

I have attached the .calz file for this OS, save it into the folder shown below and see how you go, it may open up fine for you.

C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E98

Cheers,
Ross

Tre-Cool
April 23rd, 2020, 12:08 AM
odd that they would go and update a bunch of older calibrations. gm trying to cover up something?

GMPX
April 23rd, 2020, 10:01 AM
Ha, you never know.
However all engine applications got the update, not just the 2.8L. They all state "New software with diagnostic enhancements for DTC P2459".