PDA

View Full Version : VGT tables for my 2014 Colorado

scottcmb
April 25th, 2020, 10:23 PM
This is basically a request for VGT tables to be available for my calibration file from my 2014 Holden Colorado. 23264.
I hope EFILIVE can help.

Cheers
Scotty :)

scottcmb
May 6th, 2020, 03:56 PM
Gee.... 88 views and not a reply from the guys at EFI Live..... thats disappointing... considering the bigger diesels are supported with these tables :(

GMPX
May 6th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Sorry Scott,

When you say the bigger Diesels I'm guessing you mean the Bosch based 6.6L Duramax or the 6.7L Cummins? Well they are different ECM's so you can't compare feature sets between different ECM types.
Re the VGT tables on the Holden Colorado, we couldn't find them I think was the issue :shock:
Pretty sure the E98 is smart enough that it doesn't need forced VGT positions via tables, it trims it to get the desired boost pretty well......but then I am not a tuner so don't take my word on that as the be all end all.

scottcmb
May 7th, 2020, 07:46 PM
Sorry Scott,

When you say the bigger Diesels I'm guessing you mean the Bosch based 6.6L Duramax or the 6.7L Cummins? Well they are different ECM's so you can't compare feature sets between different ECM types.
Re the VGT tables on the Holden Colorado, we couldn't find them I think was the issue :shock:
Pretty sure the E98 is smart enough that it doesn't need forced VGT positions via tables, it trims it to get the desired boost pretty well......but then I am not a tuner so don't take my word on that as the be all end all.

Cheers for that
To let you know that your opposition HP Tuners software does have the VGT tables available for editing for my specific calibration but I don't use their system. I have only viewed their tables as being available.
I was more interested in the tables for exhaust brake editing capabilities as we small folk here in New Zealand and Australia with our Colorado's, don't have an exhaust brake switch installed on our models like the American Colorado's do..... The VGT vein in the turbo is actually what does the exhaust braking by fully closing.
I do a lot of heavy towing with my Colorado so it would be nice to be able to maximize exhaust braking capabilities from actual editing of the tune.

Cheers
Scotty :)

GMPX
May 8th, 2020, 09:51 AM
I realise the ECM has the tables, but EFILive has not been able to locate them in the tunes.

scottcmb
May 8th, 2020, 06:42 PM
I realise the ECM has the tables, but EFILive has not been able to locate them in the tunes.

Any chance of this to be looked into to find them?

GMPX
May 10th, 2020, 10:15 AM
When we initially mapped these (and subsequent revisits) it would have been something we looked for. Sorry Scott we don't get instruction manuals from GM on these things, reverse engineering is very time consuming and sometimes you just don't find what you are looking for. I'm not saying we will never revisit it but at the moment we have no free time to do so with getting the new hardware and supporting software ready.

scottcmb
May 10th, 2020, 12:33 PM
When we initially mapped these (and subsequent revisits) it would have been something we looked for. Sorry Scott we don't get instruction manuals from GM on these things, reverse engineering is very time consuming and sometimes you just don't find what you are looking for. I'm not saying we will never revisit it but at the moment we have no free time to do so with getting the new hardware and supporting software ready.

Disappointing …….but thanks for your replies

killerbee
May 23rd, 2020, 03:46 AM
I empathize with the effort of reverse engineering, it takes real dedication and gratification in immersion into the tedious. That said, with a diesel engine being basically a thermodynamic air pump with fuel metered in proportion, it would seem defeating to try and refine tuning on a variable forced induction configuration without mastery over the air side of the combustion equation. Other parameters are impacted by boost, optimal timing, for example, is influenced. I have wanted to visit this platform also, but I would wonder what I could accomplish.

Tre-Cool
April 29th, 2023, 03:25 AM
heres about 30 minutes work for the vgt tables that hpt present.

load these into a cax file and have a play and report back. this is for OS-55491998 also works for the custom os based of this.