PDA

View Full Version : G8 GT L76 Full Exhaust Tune File

gbrown5
May 6th, 2020, 02:00 AM
Hi,
I recently received a tune from Diablo Formula Racing for my G8 GT. I have Kooks long tubes with catless connection pipes to Corsa. I drove 2 hours there and am fairly certain I received nothing more than some fan adjustments and a high octane table copied and pasted into a low octane table.. No PE or VE tables touched at all, all to the song of $450... If someone has a bolt ons G8 GT with access to their Efilive tune file would you mind sending me it? As I plan to slowly begin tuning the car myself but would like a file to reference if possible. I've posted my current tune file below.

Thanks,
Greg

joecar
May 17th, 2020, 04:08 AM
Do you have the original/factory tune also...?

gbrown5
May 18th, 2020, 02:40 AM

Attached is a stock file, as well as my modified TCM tune and ECU tune I've been messing with.

Thanks,
Greg

joecar
May 27th, 2020, 07:43 PM
I'll take a look over the next few days.

Did you compare tuned to stock usi g the V7 tunetool compare feature...?

nick123
October 5th, 2020, 07:19 PM

nick123
October 5th, 2020, 07:22 PM

minytrker
October 6th, 2020, 07:51 AM
Hi,
I recently received a tune from Diablo Formula Racing for my G8 GT. I have Kooks long tubes with catless connection pipes to Corsa. I drove 2 hours there and am fairly certain I received nothing more than some fan adjustments and a high octane table copied and pasted into a low octane table.. No PE or VE tables touched at all, all to the song of $450... If someone has a bolt ons G8 GT with access to their Efilive tune file would you mind sending me it? As I plan to slowly begin tuning the car myself but would like a file to reference if possible. I've posted my current tune file below.

Thanks,
Greg

If you paid for that tune you got screwed.

nick123
October 6th, 2020, 09:43 AM
I did not look at your tune file
The os may be different
If it is copy and paste the vve and torque tables also b1099 well pretty much everything needs a change
Lmk if you have troubles...

nick123
October 6th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Oh and the the trans file is for a 3.27 rear diff you have to change the tire size in bolth the ecm and tcm files to match

gbrown5
February 24th, 2021, 01:58 PM
Sorry all for just now getting back to this topic, been a bit crazy with finishing school, moving and starting a new job. I agree the tune was a complete hack and an utter waste of $450. Nick123 I am looking over your tune files now, thank you for posting them!

-Greg

nick123
February 24th, 2021, 02:53 PM
The vin will be different I think you want to compare and then make a new tune file but leave your new tune file tire size the same...

nick123
February 24th, 2021, 02:53 PM
Lmk if you need more help

gbrown5
February 24th, 2021, 03:03 PM
ok, so you would suggest pulling my current tune file and then just copy and paste each table into my file? I was just wondering if it would be easier to flash your file as I believe the vin can be changed with DVT functions in the scan tool and just change tire size? I could be wrong on this however. In the trans tune will the shift points still be accurate even though I have 2.92 gears with stock tires?

Thanks for the help!

gbrown5
February 24th, 2021, 03:21 PM
Ahh just tried the comparison feature mentioned in an earlier post, that makes life a lot easier, I will take your advice of just copying in the altered tables. To my current tune file. Wasn't aware of that feature.

Thanks,
Greg

nick123
March 17th, 2021, 05:27 PM
How did this work out? Any troubles? When you go wot does the trans hunt or skip gears? Is it faster ? Lmk. Anything you don't like about the tune file?

nick123
March 17th, 2021, 05:28 PM
Do you have a wideband o2?

gbrown5
March 17th, 2021, 11:55 PM
Nick, the car rolled with the tune. However with fuel prices shooting up around here I decided to turn AFM back on. With your tune file the car was very harsh with disengagement of AFM my guess is this was related to torque management so for the time being I flashed in the factory file. The only issue I experienced was one time I went WOT from about a 20 mph roll and the car fell straight on its face almost as if it shut off, then picked back up and went fine, was very strange possibly just a prolonged downshift? All in all your tune really woke the car up all around. Aside from those couple of mentioned areas I have nothing bad to say about it. I ended up just using my factory tire size and shift speeds in your transmission tune as well.

And unfortunately currently no wideband in the car, figured I would hold off until down the road when the car gets cammed... If it gets cammed lol.

Sorry for not checking in with you on this.

Thanks,
Greg