PDA

View Full Version : A hint for Efilive Guys.

wait4me
July 12th, 2006, 02:49 AM
Ok, go to table B5908.

A brief explination of this.

The table will add or subtract timing from the main equasion based off of the commanded Airfuel EQ ratio.

So, what would this do to benefit us?

Well, have you ever noticed when you get knock or pinging when not in power enrichment on a certain timing cell but when it is in PE mode that knock is gone, "Or the other way around"

This table is the cure to that issue.

Technically, you can make the main high octain table lower for regular driving in those trouble spots without sacrificing WOT timing.

Just go to the Column that you are wanting that timing back in on table B5908 and put in the timing adder you want.

How do you know what column to put the values in? Go to table B3618. What ever is commanded in that table will be the column it uses.

This was a way a couple of years ago that i was getting more power out of our tunes but if people would just copy over the main timing tables in another software they wouldnt get the same power output if they used my tables.

wait4me
July 12th, 2006, 02:51 AM
you can also use this for nitrous or supercharger also, as it would have more timing when not at wot, then pull timing when in pe only.

joecar
July 12th, 2006, 02:58 AM
Ok, go to table B5908.

A brief explination of this.

The table will add or subtract timing from the main equasion based off of the commanded Airfuel EQ ratio.

So, what would this do to benefit us?

Well, have you ever noticed when you get knock or pinging when not in power enrichment on a certain timing cell but when it is in PE mode that knock is gone, "Or the other way around"

This table is the cure to that issue.

Technically, you can make the main high octain table lower for regular driving in those trouble spots without sacrificing WOT timing.

Just go to the Column that you are wanting that timing back in on table B5908 and put in the timing adder you want.

How do you know what column to put the values in? Go to table B3618. What ever is commanded in that table will be the column it uses.

This was a way a couple of years ago that i was getting more power out of our tunes but if people would just copy over the main timing tables in another software they wouldnt get the same power output if they used my tables. Yes.

So you're saying this is a way to set PE timing to go with PE EQ while having hi-octane table set lower to avoid knock in those low MAP/RPM (non-PE) cells.

Jesse, good info, thanks. :cheers:

Tordne
July 12th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Good info mate!!!

Question: Will/should this also work if you are not using PE to enrich, but instead using B3647 table?

wait4me
July 12th, 2006, 07:03 AM
It just goes off of commanded air fuel ratios. So any table will be effected. You can verify that by pulling 10 degrees at that commanded af and see if the desired effects are acheived.

dc_justin
July 12th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Been using this table on my SSS for quite a while for daily tunes to adjust for whether or not I'm running CA piss gas with or without some lucas octane booster. :)

Eventually would like to upgrade to COS5 and use the N20 switch as a method to retard timing when I'm not running good gas. I would just tune for the crap gas, but the power difference is incredibly noticable. 17*+of timing with the booster at 1.00+g/cyl with 0 KR versus 12.5* with sporadic audible knock without the booster. :bash:

hquick
February 21st, 2008, 10:07 PM
Hey guys,
sorry to exume a really, REALLY old thread but this may be just what I'm looking for.
How do I go about tuning this table?
I noticed I get pinging at the transition point into boost which is around the 1900 - 2200rpm range in my Burb. If I push a little harder and get into PE the 'ping' goes away....and once I'm into boost the KR goes away also.

dc_justin
February 22nd, 2008, 12:59 AM
Hey guys,
sorry to exume a really, REALLY old thread but this may be just what I'm looking for.
How do I go about tuning this table?
I noticed I get pinging at the transition point into boost which is around the 1900 - 2200rpm range in my Burb. If I push a little harder and get into PE the 'ping' goes away....and once I'm into boost the KR goes away also.

You would pull timing out of your high octane table and re-apply it to the fuel mixture spark correction table. Say, pull 2* out of .68g/cyl and above and in your fuel mixture correction, add 2* in to EQ ratio 1.2 and above. Something like that.

Justin

cmitchell17
February 22nd, 2008, 07:27 AM
Why do corvettes and f-bodys not use this table?

I zeroed this table out, but now im back to using it again.

dc_justin
February 22nd, 2008, 07:28 AM
Because they have much more aggressive PE settings. That table is used by trucks to add in timing after all PE enablers have been met.

hquick
February 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thanks very much Justin.
I was also wondering the same as cmitchell17. The only tunes I could find to look at for comparrison were super charged vettes...and they all had it 0'd out.

hquick
February 22nd, 2008, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have a pic of B5908 from a roots blown truck..or a tune I can look at?
I would like to see if I have the right idea.

Thanks