PDA

View Full Version : manual swap tune confusion

Alan.hulse1984
May 27th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Hello!

I have a blazer I am swapping a manual into, have found matching OS to do a segment paste job and am confused to the tune for the manual transmissions.

Why does the manual transmission tunes have parameters that would run an automatic? TCC is not in a manual and upshift, downshift options. an its only showing its a 4 speed and the manuals all should be 5 speed. But looking at the rest of the tunes with a manual I see they have the same parameters available. When I did the segment swap, after saving, the segment ID and checksum numbers changed to what the camaro numbers were. So I assumed it flashed correctly.

Any one know why this is?? Thanks in advance!!

Alan Hulse

OEM OS 12208322 4.3 4l60E
new OS to do segment swap 12212156 from a blazer 4.3 4l60E
Segment swap was from a camaro tune with matching OS

joecar
May 27th, 2020, 07:29 PM
The tune contains the tables for the auto trans and the (few) tables for the manual trans... and they are not related to each other.

In a manual trans tune, just use the manual trans tables.

Alan.hulse1984
May 27th, 2020, 08:05 PM
The tune contains the tables for the auto trans and the (few) tables for the manual trans... and they are not related to each other.

In a manual trans tune, just use the manual trans tables.

Why are they there at all? I've downloaded multiple files with manuals and they all have Auto parameters in there. Honestly don't see anything referring only to manual besides the information box says its a manual..

Alan

ScarabEpic22
May 28th, 2020, 03:46 AM
Why are they there at all? I've downloaded multiple files with manuals and they all have Auto parameters in there. Honestly don't see anything referring only to manual besides the information box says its a manual..

Alan

Speculating it's so GM could just change things and not have a lot of changes between auto and manual calibrations.

I'd suggest finding the 12212156 OS for your Blazer as it's definitely got 4L60E, 4L80E, and MT options available.

joecar
May 28th, 2020, 05:00 AM
Why are they there at all? ...

I'm guessing GM put them all together to reduce the number of files/definitions.