PDA

View Full Version : First time EFI user, followed instructions but unit says CONFIG REQUIRED

MackMurder
May 28th, 2020, 12:44 AM
I followed 5startunings extensive instructions to get my transmission and engine flashed so I could send the files to the tuner.

They sent me the tune files back and I followed the extensive instructions yet again and when I went to put the tunes into the truck with my laptop everytime I go to the "SWITCH TUNES" category of the tuner, It says ,"CONFIG REQUIRED"

I used to have a superchips flashpaq tuner and it was a breeze to use never had these problems.

Just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Cheers thanks
Mack

ScarabEpic22
May 28th, 2020, 04:45 AM
I'll bet the AutoCal config that your tuning company provided doesn't have the DSP5 stuff in it.

Plug your AutoCal in, open V8 Scan & Tune, click F5: BBX on the left, then click F4: Switch. Click Read at the bottom. Make sure your tune names are set in the correct switchable tune area. If they dont, add them in, then click Program.

joecar
May 28th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Moved to General (Diesel).

MackMurder
May 31st, 2020, 03:20 PM
I'll bet the AutoCal config that your tuning company provided doesn't have the DSP5 stuff in it.

Plug your AutoCal in, open V8 Scan & Tune, click F5: BBX on the left, then click F4: Switch. Click Read at the bottom. Make sure your tune names are set in the correct switchable tune area. If they dont, add them in, then click Program.

Ok cheers will check it out