PDA

View Full Version : Add Steering Wheel Controls?

travisn
June 17th, 2020, 09:00 AM
I have a v2 for my ls swap project and would like to use it on my 'shop van', an 08 savana. It used to be a rental so it has the 75 mph speed limit and no cruise. I'm fairly confident I'll be able to raise/remove the limit but will it be able to activate cruise if I get a new steering wheel? I've read it needs to go to the dealer but I'd rather not. I have experience using HPT but am new to efiLive. I don't want to burn a credit if it won't be able to as I'm sure I'll be able to get speed limit + cruise at the dealer for approx the cost of a credit, but if I can I have no problem doing so just to remain self sufficient.

Thanks!

ChipsByAl
June 17th, 2020, 09:17 AM
The cruise control system has to go through the BCM first. You can add the switches (buttons) on the steering wheel and replace the SIR (airbag) coil to transfer the connection to the under dash harness. I am not sure if the cruise will work but have seen it work in later model G vans. EFI_Live can handle the speed limiter.
Al

DURAtotheMAX
June 22nd, 2020, 11:49 PM
I can do a custom BCM tune for you to enable cruise control...thats the only way.

The custom BCM tune will also disable the rental speed limit.

DURAtotheMAX
June 22nd, 2020, 11:50 PM
The dealer will NOT be able to add cruise control. GM has gotten very stingy in regards to adding features that werent originally on the vehicle

travisn
June 29th, 2020, 10:51 PM
What tools are required for that? Tech II or equivalent? I'm trying to stay local with it for now but I'll reach out otherwise. From my experience with HPT the speed limit is in the ecm so that's interesting.

Hmm, chinese tech 2's are like $250...

DURAtotheMAX
June 30th, 2020, 12:52 AM
What tools are required for that? Tech II or equivalent? I'm trying to stay local with it for now but I'll reach out otherwise. From my experience with HPT the speed limit is in the ecm so that's interesting.

Hmm, chinese tech 2's are like $250...

You cant do it with a tech 2.

I sell custom BCM tunes in .ctz format that you can flash with your EFILive V2. The BCM uses a TCM license spot on your V2.

Ben

travisn
June 30th, 2020, 01:08 AM
Gotcha, I saw this during my search today: https://www.efilive.com/latest/news/bcm-flashing/

Are you the Ben referenced there?

Edit: I can't PM yet, could you shoot me a message? Thanks.

Cougar281
June 30th, 2020, 03:35 AM
You cant do it with a tech 2.

I sell custom BCM tunes in .ctz format that you can flash with your EFILive V2. The BCM uses a TCM license spot on your V2.

BenHow is that going to work with EFI Live ditching the licensing of TCMs?

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

DURAtotheMAX
June 30th, 2020, 08:11 AM
How is that going to work with EFI Live ditching the licensing of TCMs?

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Actually im not really sure...Ross would have to answer that one...

travisn
July 2nd, 2020, 11:42 AM
Edit: I can't PM yet, could you shoot me a message? Thanks.

@DURAtotheMAX