PDA

View Full Version : SD.....Use PE or all in OLFA?

John02SS
July 13th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Right now I've got the car in OLSD setting the entire OLFA table to 14.62 and the PE to 13.1 for WOT. I've seen it done with the OLFA table done 80-100 in your WOT value and the rest done in 14.62 and then 14.62 in the PE table. What is the difference and what is the preferred method? Thanks fellas!

John
XXX Motorsports

Tordne
July 13th, 2006, 08:45 AM
You can really do either and the is no right or wrong way really.

PE is of course enabled on conditions like temp, TP, MAP etc. If you use the B3605 or B3647 (Custom OS V3 or V5) then the only condition is the MAP.

Personally I use only the B3647 table for commanding fuel and find it really good.

John02SS
July 13th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the info! On the Map, at what point (kpa) do you set for WOT fueling? Do you run it rich in the lower ECT's or 14.62 ish everywhere except WOT?

Tordne
July 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I start enriching at 85 kPa MAP. With the B3647 table I have the mixture gradually getting richer up to max torque then leaning out again, sort of like a bell curve (almost). At 85 kPa I think my mixture is at 1.10 EQ, 90 is 1.15 and 95 & 10 kPa are at 1.17 EQ.

That seems to work nice for me, your's my be different of course :)

SWthomas
July 30th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info! On the Map, at what point (kpa) do you set for WOT fueling? Do you run it rich in the lower ECT's or 14.62 ish everywhere except WOT?

A simple log will tell you where to start adjusting for WOT.

are you having issues that require some true expert guidance, or is this all?

John02SS
July 31st, 2006, 12:31 AM
A simple log will tell you where to start adjusting for WOT.

are you having issues that require some true expert guidance, or is this all?

Not sure if your trying to be a dick or not, but I've got it covered. True expert guidance..........LMAO!

ringram
July 31st, 2006, 01:07 AM
SWthomas knows much more than us. He changes his clothes based on his logs too.

TAQuickness
July 31st, 2006, 01:54 AM
I've found for initially dialing in the VE table, OLFA yeilds more consistant results. PE fueling comes on when conditions are met. This can make for inconsistant results in the transition area's.

joecar
July 31st, 2006, 03:52 AM
Yes, I agree, first dial in VE without PE; then when PE is enabled the PE actual AFR will be in line with commanded, very simple.

PE is RPM driven, OLFA is MAP driven;

my opinion: set both up correctly and the PCM chooses the richer of the 2, and you're safely covered under any RPM or MAP condition.

SWthomas
July 31st, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yes, I agree, first dial in VE without PE; then when PE is enabled the PE actual AFR will be in line with commanded, very simple.

my opinion: set both up correctly and the PCM chooses the richer of the 2, and you're safely covered under any RPM or MAP condition.

Agreed

Not trying to be anything other than these are some easy questions that I even know tuning only my GTO.

ViolatorTA
July 31st, 2006, 04:33 PM

From looking closely at my last few WOT logs and the maps it seems the PCM calculates between the 2 and chooses commanded fuel from that calculation. I created maps for both commanded and actual LC-1 AFR. With where I have {B3605} and {3618} set up, commanded doesn't command either where instead it seems to be inbetween the 2. If you can understand what I'm saying.

ringram
July 31st, 2006, 08:19 PM
It takes the Richer of the 2 settings.

joecar
August 1st, 2006, 03:55 AM
On any one of OLFA B3605 or PE B3618, the PCM interpolates between 2 adjacent cells in those tables...

For example, if your RPM is 4600, PE B3618 has columns at 4400 and 4600, so the PCM interpolates between these two to come up with a EQ value for 4600;

then if the PE Enable B3616 conditions are met, this interpolated EQ value is compared to the the EQ value obtained (interpolated in a similar manner using MAP) from the OLFA B3605 table, and the richer of the two wins;

could this explain your EQ value...?

joecar
August 1st, 2006, 06:39 AM
From looking closely at my last few WOT logs and the maps it seems the PCM calculates between the 2 and chooses commanded fuel from that calculation. I created maps for both commanded and actual LC-1 AFR. With where I have {B3605} and {3618} set up, commanded doesn't command either where instead it seems to be inbetween the 2. If you can understand what I'm saying. Post pics of: B3605, B3618, and your log chart showing AFR and WB AFR (zoom in to show detail)...

(http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3064)