PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone able to open/edit this tune? I cannot for some reason.

nitrorocket
June 22nd, 2020, 11:48 PM
I just read the E38 PCM from a 2006 C6 I bought and am unable to edit or open any maps. I haven't used Efilive in a while, hoping its just my PC or something. Lol

I really need to be able to read/edit this flash somehow.

Thanks for any help

ScarabEpic22
June 23rd, 2020, 04:59 AM
The OS is 01250202, this isn't a stock OS for this VIN (stock OS is 12614682). I just Googled is and this is a HPTuners enhanced OS. EFILive cannot modify this as it's not a factory OS or an EFILive-developed OS. To edit with EFILive, your options are to use HPTuners and revert to a stock OS, flash a stock file with a Tech II, or try to flash a known-good stock OS into the ECM. I don't know if this last option is possible and may result in issues, I'd suggest one of the first 2 options.

Rookery
July 25th, 2020, 02:09 AM
Are you in a dilemma on which Foxwell scanner to buy? You must not ignore the Foxwell NT510 scanner https://bestobd2scanners.com/foxwell/nt510-review/ as this is a professional BMW diagnostic code reader suitable for a small car repair shop, DIYers, and car owners.

Tre-Cool
July 30th, 2020, 12:48 AM
the trick to looking at hpt os files is to find the original base os cal, then copy/paste it in the calibration dir.

in this case. C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E38

then rename the copied version and u can open up the tune, you prob wont see a vve map. but everything else will work.

i just did it on this file.