PDA

View Full Version : Timing Limiter CME OS-32140602 and Cal ID. 32370231SB

Twistedshafts
July 6th, 2020, 12:19 AM
GMPX did the new software update incorporate the timing limiter in this OS? We have the issue of it stopping timing at 20 degrees.

GMPX
July 6th, 2020, 09:57 AM
Yes, if the .calz dates are 27th May 2020 then the parameter is in there for all OS's (so just download the latest beta (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?29586-June-2020-Beta-Release-Release-4)).

Twistedshafts
July 6th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Is it necassary to install the beta software on a different computer than the one I use for my customer tunes? Also do I actually have to buy another V2? Can the beta software harm the V2?

GMPX
July 6th, 2020, 10:54 AM
Is it necassary to install the beta software on a different computer than the one I use for my customer tunes?
We would recommend that while software is in beta simply due to the fact there can be version incompatibility between old releases and beta.
For people just tuning their own vehicles and not needing support customers that might not be a concern.

Also do I actually have to buy another V2?
No.

Can the beta software harm the V2?
We hope not!

Here's what you could do if you don't want to install that beta on your main PC.
I've attached a zip to this post that contains those updated .calz files, you can extract that zip into the folder on your work computer:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\CME

Then when you reopen your CME files you should see the .calz date showing as 27th May 2020 and you will have the max timing parameter.

Twistedshafts
July 6th, 2020, 10:58 AM
Awesome! Thank you I appreciate very much. I always back up my finished tunes on an external hard drive, but you never know what may happen while building a current tune.