PDA

View Full Version : VE Table Smoothing Question

Chalky
July 16th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Working on my VE tune and am making progress. Question is: When is it appropriate to use smoothing for the whole table?

I was making progress in getting the table in order and decided to do a complete VE table smoothing and it seemed to make things worse. My take on the matter is that I should just focus on the spikes and variances in the table vs. making the whole table flow more smoothly.

joecar
July 16th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Don't smooth.

Tordne
July 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Don't smooth.

Chicken :muahaha:

I have a beautiful looking VE table and pretty sexy BENs as well ;)

Generally you don't want to smooth the whole table because it will pull all the cells either up or down.

joecar
July 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Chicken

I have a beautiful looking VE table and pretty sexy BENs as well ;)

Generally you don't want to smooth the whole table because it will pull all the cells either up or down.lol, I would have to be pretty chicken, especially running extractors in S0.Ca1... :muahaha:

When I do "local" smoothing I find my BENs creeping away from 1.00...

I have [a yet unproven] theory that the spikes are due to resonances or harmonics... they keep coming back in the exact same cells. ;)

Andrew, do you have any "guidelines" (...a tutorial...) on how to smooth...?

Cheers
Joe :cheers:

Chalky
July 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
joecar:

Speaking of theories, let me ask you this:

SinisterSS was looking at one of my log files while tuning in SD and noticed a lean spike. Car was being accelerated and AFR went real lean for a moment and then climbed back to normal AFR. Car did not have any KR. Could this have been an anomoly?

joecar
July 17th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Would you be able to post a screenshot showing this spike (show enough PIDs, and zoom in some)... time to learn how to post screenshots... :D

I have seen lean spikes in actual AFR without any detected knock, I am wondering if it is misfire related (O2 reading won't be correct because fuel is raw/unburnt, I'm wondering if it ignites in the header).

Chalky
July 17th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Here is the info I have courtesy of SinisterSS. Rick has been a big help but I don't want to wear out my welcome with questions.

joecar
July 17th, 2006, 07:27 AM
INJDC shows that the injectors are turned off, and the wideband AFR shows this (there's something like a 100ms time lag in the exhaust path).

Are you hitting the rev limiter...?

Chalky
July 17th, 2006, 07:38 AM
I could have hit the limiter trying to log in SD at higher RPM's. I was looking at TPS and not looking @ RPM. Limiter was set @ either 6600 or 6800 RPM!

I have been kind of concerned with high INJDC and when the spike was pointed out, I thought the two could be related.

Thanks.

Bruce Melton
July 17th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Get back out there and keep logging so you can answer all my questions.

Chalky
July 17th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Get back out there and keep logging so you can answer all my questions.

I like your signature!:cheers:

joecar
July 18th, 2006, 07:36 AM
Andrew,

Here's my latest tune file and the latest log file I used to apply VE corrections (i.e. don't apply this log file to the tune, I already did it).

Car is 2001 Trans Am WS6, stock :notacrook: (other than LT's w/cats, TR6's, low ohm sprial wound wires, 180 degree thermostat, and OLSDPE w/DFCO).

Cheers,
Joe
:cheers:

joecar
July 18th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Andrew,

I just realized I neglected to filter out DFCO when making OLSDPE_0122.tun,
so here is my previous tune OLSDOE_0121.tun that I logged OLSDPE_0123.efi from.

Sorry to mess you up with my stupidity... :bash:

Cheers
Joe

Chalky
July 18th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Andrew/JoeCar:

Mind sharing the finished product?

joecar
July 19th, 2006, 02:24 AM
Andrew/JoeCar:

Mind sharing the finished product?If it's okay with Andrew it's okay with me.

Joe