PDA

View Full Version : Gmpp lt4

Road
November 2nd, 2020, 11:12 AM
ISO a GMPP LT4 Cal OS12677012. Anyone happen to have one?

In-Tech
November 2nd, 2020, 01:37 PM
ISO a GMPP LT4 Cal OS12677012. Anyone happen to have one?
Here ya go
-Carl

Road
November 2nd, 2020, 02:17 PM
Thank You!

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 10:32 AM
No problem, glad to help.
I generally try to read everything I run across for my personal archives. In the past I would at least get the file in .bin format even if I wasn't going to tune. It appears efilive won't open .bin files anymore so I'll have to change my strategy, or maybe that is only on some of the newer ECM's. Now, I must admit I am still using an older version of 7.5 and 8 due to having an XP machine. Did the .bin feature change in the newer updates?

GMPX
November 4th, 2020, 12:09 PM
It appears efilive won't open .bin files anymore
Yes it does, every controller EFILive supports can load in as a .bin file as long as the size and structure is what the software expects.

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 01:06 PM
Yes it does, every controller EFILive supports can load in as a .bin file as long as the size and structure is what the software expects.
Hi Ross, Here is the .bin file compressed with winrar. I am currently using v8.2.24, boot 2.07.008, firm 2.07.140 and v7.5.28. Neither will open this file. Maybe the GMPP format isn't recognized? Did I read it correctly that I will have to use a Win7 or newer laptop for future upgrades?

GMPX
November 4th, 2020, 01:55 PM
Well whatever read that ECM to create the .bin file didn't actually read the whole thing. The section EFILive uses to determine the ECM type when a bin file is being loaded is missing.

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Thanks Ross,
I just recently started messing with the E92. I'm going to mill one open in the next couple weeks and figure out what I'm missing. I'm glad I read it out with your great software, it helped one guy :)

GMPX
November 4th, 2020, 02:52 PM
I'm glad I read it out with your great software
I'm confused Carl, the file you posted 'LT376_535hp_E92_Stock.ctz (https://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23575&d=1604367423)' was certainly read with EFILive but the .bin was not.
Did you need help with the bin still ?

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 03:02 PM
Hi Ross,
I think what I did read of the bin file is correct but am missing where the vin and serial is stored so I have to research that a bit. No need to clutter this thread. I love your software and have no problem buying a license when I need to work on something. I've been fooling with this stuff since the early 90's and pretty sure Paul was around back then when the Ohio state majordomo was around(you might have been there too). I recommend your product whenever a customer wants more control :)

GMPX
November 4th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Wow that is going way back (majordomo), yes both myself and Paul were active back in the DIY-EFI Email group days as well. We would probably have to use the Wayback Machine to find all that stuff now.
I still have a lot of those old late 80's early 90's Delco Memcal based PCM's lying around, probably considered vintage now :hihi:
That was a good group of people back then, sadly it is very, very, different in this industry today.

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Yeah, that was a great group and a lot of fun. "Huntington to Catalina in 15 minutes" was a fun one I started, lol. Yeah it sure seems the industry is wayyyyy different.
Shoot, I was just explaining on another site how to calculate the checksum on one of the chip 'puters. I had to load it in my old hex workshop to remind me, actually took me a couple tries to get it right and I've only had a couple beers :chair:

In-Tech
November 4th, 2020, 05:47 PM
Hi Ross,
just a quick question. Do you use a mode to identify(maybe 35) to get info and then embed that into your own file or should I look deeper? I will still mill this case apart anyhoosit(they are micro welded as you know, pretty cool process if you haven't looked).

GMPX
November 5th, 2020, 09:23 AM
For most of GM's ECM's they don't support reading modes like Bosch for example, we have to download and execute our own code in the ECM to read them.
Yes I have opened up an E92, initially I thought this welded shut lid concept was really bad but then they are pretty cheap to buy new so I guess GM didn't care about 'E-waste' when it came to the design.

In-Tech
November 5th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Hi Ross and thanks for the reply,
I am new to 32 bit stuff and am familiar with "bootloaders". The 8bit bootloader (not yours) that required no rom calls to spit out everything that wasn't "protected" via the IO register was brilliant. When we moved forward to "satisfying" the protection layers it became even more intriguing. :)

What I wish I had is an opcode list of MOT68xxx. Of course each end user manufacturer develops their own singularity opcodes for mass. It's soooooo time consuming to have to figure it out like we used to do in the '90's. For me, I like to see how GM or Ford or others do it for my own curious sake.

Fun stuff :)

GMPX
November 5th, 2020, 04:00 PM
CPU in the E92 isn't a 68xxx, they are PowerPC based. GM has been that way since about 2006.

In-Tech
November 5th, 2020, 06:31 PM
Yes, I apologize. I'm still learning and researching. The E38 on up as you stated. Seems to be MOT based regardless of Bosch, but again, still learning.

In-Tech
November 11th, 2020, 08:32 PM
Sorry to drag this back up. I wouldn't mind seeing a "real" bin file so I could see what I am missing. The PowerPC is definitely different, I still "see" stuff as motorola though, lol :D

GMPX
November 12th, 2020, 09:00 AM
PowerPC is nothing like 68000, nothing!
Your file had everything you need to play around with.

In-Tech
November 12th, 2020, 06:41 PM
Thanks again for the reply Ross, Yup, that powerpc is wayyyyy different. Good seeing you and Paul are successful. Your software is incredibly powerful and fun. Thanks for having me :)
-Carl

joecar
November 14th, 2020, 11:08 PM
You can find PowerPC opcode/mnemonics online ( and also M68K ).

In-Tech
November 15th, 2020, 01:34 AM
Thanks Joe,
I have a new folder going. It's a lot to study. One of the NXP documents I have is over 1400 pages, another is over 1700 pages... I'll be right back :w00t:
Just having a poke at fun :) If you have any opcode charts I would sure appreciate a link or a PM of these. I sure screwed up a simple thread :chair:

GMPX
November 15th, 2020, 08:29 AM
As Joe said, just look over NXP's website, it's all there.