PDA

View Full Version : software not finding interface cable

scott98z
July 17th, 2006, 09:59 AM
I'm new to efi live. My computer hadn't came in yet so i downloaded the software on a buddy's computer and it worked fine. Well my computer came in this afternoon, so i downloaded the software into my computer and it took the software fine, but it will not accept the interface cable. I go to the scan tool and try to connect and it pops up an error stating that there is no interface cable found. So if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!:nixweiss:

Tydriver
July 17th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Hello and welcome ! You've made the best LSx Tuning Choice out there by picking EFILive..

You may want to review this thread here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2159

Also, make sure if you are using EFILive on a silverado that you check the cigarette lighter fuse make sure its not blow (even tho EFILive doesnt use the cig lighter specifically)..

Best wishes..

TAQuickness
July 17th, 2006, 10:44 AM
Welcome aboard. Looks like Tydriver's gotten you taken care of.

scott98z
July 17th, 2006, 11:41 AM
well i got it uninstalled but i cant get the "Found new hardware" to pop up! do you know why? and the help is greatly appreciated

scott98z
July 18th, 2006, 02:06 AM
ok finally got it to find the new hardware but still cant get the software to find the interface cable:Eyecrazy: :nixweiss:

Blacky
July 18th, 2006, 08:11 AM
ok finally got it to find the new hardware but still cant get the software to find the interface cable:Eyecrazy: :nixweiss:

Make sure you select "EFILive FlashScan V1 (USB)" in the [Connection] tab page of the Properties window in the Scan Tool software.

You can view the Properties window via the menu option: Edit->Properties.

Regards
Paul

scott98z
July 18th, 2006, 08:18 AM
i just checked that and all is good but still poping up the same error code
:nixweiss: