PDA

View Full Version : 4l60e TCC Lockup unlocking at 0% throttle

Mr98z71
November 22nd, 2020, 08:19 AM
I'm having this issue where my TCC unlocks at 0% throttle at 65 km/h. When logging, "TCC Off due to Minimum throttle" value goes to yes. I can't for the life of me figure out why since I have TCC release set to 50 km/ H or 100% throttle. If I'm cruising at 100km/h and release the throttle, TCC will remain in coast mode up until 65 km/h then release.

This is annoying in the city because if I'm driving at 62km/h, the engine revs a little then locks right away at light throttle because it should be locked at say 50 km/h

What all controls TCC lock and unlock? What am I missing?

ScarabEpic22
November 22nd, 2020, 10:09 AM
What vehicle and PCM/TCM? It is a separate parameter from the TCC lock/unlock tables. I believe all truck OS' unlock at 0% TPS while car OS' stay locked at 0% TPS. Depending on PCM/TCM, the parameters may/may not be available.

Mr98z71
November 22nd, 2020, 10:55 AM
1998 Chevy truck and I am using a 411 pcm with a 4l60e transmission. What I don't understand is the TCC stays locked when off the throttle at any speed over 65 km/h. If I'm cruising at 70km/h and TPS goes to 0, TCC stays locked. If TCC is locked and going 65 km/h and TPS goes to 0, TCC unlocks.

I've read a few people have made the TCC stay locked on hp tuners forum but I can't figure out how to do so on EFI live.

ScarabEpic22
November 23rd, 2020, 07:15 AM
Post your tune and I'll take a look. If it's staying locked above a certain speed, it's likely due to the TCC lockup table settings. The "hurdle" is getting a truck OS to stay locked at all under 0% TPS, in factory form they unlock regardless of speed.

Mr98z71
November 23rd, 2020, 11:52 AM

Mr98z71
November 23rd, 2020, 11:53 AM
I hope that worked

ScarabEpic22
November 24th, 2020, 06:38 AM
Can you post a log of it happening as well? I see your TCC lock/unlock appears to be set correctly based on your description. Do you have different tires or gears and have you accounted for them in the tune? Thinking if your speedo is off due to larger/smaller tires or gears, there may be a correction factor needed.

joecar
November 25th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Truck LS1B 4L60E/4L80E calibration: TCC is unlocked at zero TP regardless of TCC release curve.

F-car/Y-Car LS1B 4L60E calibration: TCC stays locked at zero TP unless VSS drops below TCC release curve.

joecar
November 25th, 2020, 04:51 PM
You may have to check tbat the TCC apply/release tables do not cross.

(same with VSS/TP upshift/downshift tables, make sure they're not crossed).

Black6spdZ
December 9th, 2020, 07:51 PM
Yeah this is an option efilive has refused to include in their definitions even though HP tuners has had it for the better part of a decade.

GMPX
December 10th, 2020, 08:17 AM
You seem rather upset about this, 3 posts all parading the fact the HPTuners has these tables.
The answer is STILL no, we aren't going to go back and update platforms that we first worked on 15 - 20 years ago.
The information to generate your own .cax files for these controllers is all over the internet, that is also part of the reason why it seems like an unproductive usage of our time do add these in.

Black6spdZ
December 10th, 2020, 08:25 AM
Why wouldn't I be upset.. I was given the same run around years ago when asking about missing idle tables in the LBZ controller..

GMPX
December 10th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Well I'm not sure what your goal was then by posting the same thing in two different threads and then starting a new one on the same topic, if it didn't worry you then why go to all that trouble?

It is difficult trying to convey to people how challenging what we do is, I wish I could just call someone up at GM or Bosch and ask for information but it doesn't work like that.
If we can't find the tables we can't find them! I'm sure that would have been the same message at the time they were requested, nothing has changed in that regard.
Unless GM or FORD etc want to release their own tuners then I don't think you will ever find software that covers everything and fulfils everyone's needs.

Black6spdZ
December 10th, 2020, 10:13 AM
I have no doubt the amount of time needed to reverse engineer vehicle engine management systems.. mad respect. It's just that in my searching for this specific issue I run across fairly new post from others wanting to tune the same issue all I can find is a couple tuners that have managed to build there own CAX and the competitor "Hewlett Packard Tuners" that have had this in their software for so many years. And now to add insult to injury after spending thousands with this company am told to basically search for google and create some software yourself.. I've spent hours doing just that with no results.

GMPX
December 10th, 2020, 01:08 PM
Congratulations to HPT, but I don't know what more you want me to say other than me repeating myself, they found these things and we can't.
As a customer, is the expectation that EFILive 'should' or is obliged to spend hours, days, weeks (who knows how long it might take) trying to figure out every additional request for controllers that we've already retired from active development ?

I came to the realisation many years ago we cannot please everyone and I might be coming across a bit abrupt, but when we hear this stuff constantly it wears thin when we mostly have no control over it.
We do the best we can with what we have, if that isn't good enough then there is no magic potion I can use to fix that, apologies if you feel let down.