PDA

View Full Version : Active Fuel Management

Strong05
December 29th, 2020, 04:08 AM
Wasn't clear in the EFI website if active fuel management could be disabled for the E82 ECU, or any other ECU for that matter. Can anyone let me know if you can turn this off in the tune? To EFI Live: A more comprehensive list of features for each ECU would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help!

ScarabEpic22
December 29th, 2020, 02:23 PM
I'm not that familiar with the E82, so there may be other scenarios I'm not aware of. The only vehicles I see using this ECM are 3.6L V6s in a few platforms, none of the V6s appear to have AFM. There may be the switch in the ECM code, but if the engine doesn't have the physical hardware to support it, it won't be usable. EFILive supports 2016-2018 E82 only.

For E38, E67, E40, E92, yes you can disable AFM in the tune.

Mopar1
January 5th, 2021, 06:03 AM
Am I able to delete the AFM on a 2017 Chevrolet 6.2 I'm new to EFI and was reading something about the 17's being harder due to added security.

ScarabEpic22
January 5th, 2021, 04:01 PM
I don't believe the added security changes this, it's still an E92 so this should be possible.

Do you have EFILive? If so, read the tune out (you'll need a Controller Authorization code to do so), then you can confirm the parameter is available (or post the file here).

Strong05
January 10th, 2021, 05:39 AM
Thank you both for the feedback! Yes I have a V2, but I don't own the ECU in question. I am in the market and wanted to see if EFI supported turning this off for the vehicle I was looking at.

Thank you again for your input!